KTM Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wouldn't remove the thermostat as illistrated in that video. The thermostat is designed to regulate engine temps. If the engine is not within it's optimal temperature range such as too cold, increased wear will be caused.

·
Full Throttle
5,499 Posts
I realize this a is a 2 stroke vid, but slaven vids are such a good resource and the point of linking was that it shows quite clearly that a higher volume water pump propeller is another option.
If you turn off any motor and it flash boils it may point to a lower than optimum flow.

·
Full Throttle
5,499 Posts
I wouldn't remove the thermostat as illistrated in that video. The thermostat is designed to regulate engine temps. If the engine is not within it's optimal temperature range such as too cold, increased wear will be caused.
True some areas like finland the bike stays cold for a while.
And an operating thermostat would be a big Plus if the motor had a higher volume water pump propeller installed.

·
Dirt Wizard
3,728 Posts
Would be interesting to get a temp read out on the coolant. This wouldn't be as silly as an airlock in the top of the radiator that doesn't have the cap?
My rfs doesn't even run a fan and its very warm where I am. I can be sitting at the lights for a few minutes and I have never had an overflow.
Just a trick to try. Make sure you have gloves on, when it gets hot and starts to overflow, squeeze one of the radiator hoses and see how much pressure is in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
08 XCF450 Overheating

I seem to have the renowned KTM coolant puking when my bike sits at a light for a few minutes at idle with no wind, I ordered an overflow reclaim reservoir to stop it spitting all its coolant out but can't seem to find any install instructions online for a 2008 ktm xcf450. If anyone can help me out as to where the coolant breathing hose is so I know where to hook this kit up to, or if anyone knows of an install video/page for this bike I'd really appreciate it. The kit I ordered is the RLRproducts one for 30$ that the seller said should be universal so lmk thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
I seem to have the renowned KTM coolant puking when my bike sits at a light for a few minutes at idle with no wind, I ordered an overflow reclaim reservoir to stop it spitting all its coolant out but can't seem to find any install instructions online for a 2008 ktm xcf450. If anyone can help me out as to where the coolant breathing hose is so I know where to hook this kit up to, or if anyone knows of an install video/page for this bike I'd really appreciate it. The kit I ordered is the RLRproducts one for 30$ that the seller said should be universal so lmk thanks
I installed mine in the air box, you do however have to remove some plastic in order to fit it.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
11 Participants
JJ2000
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing