KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm way late to the bike stand party. A KTM rear paddock stand was purchased right after I bought my Super Duke and now I see the Abba Stands. I think I'll buy the front-rear Abba stand combo instead of bothering with the front stand, oh well, live and learn. For you gents awaiting winter enjoy the next month or so, I know I will be.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have a pair of pit bull paddock stands, but I’ve also owned an Abba stand for 14 years. I just get new adapters every time I change my bike. The Abba stand is good because you can work on the rear suspension.

Instead of buying a front lift with the abba stand I use a trolley jack under the headers to lift the front wheel. I’ve removed forks and triple clamps to service them this way as there is no pesky front lift in the way.

Rob

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess I'm way late to the bike stand party. A KTM rear paddock stand was purchased right after I bought my Super Duke and now I see the Abba Stands. I think I'll buy the front-rear Abba stand combo instead of bothering with the front stand, oh well, live and learn. For you gents awaiting winter enjoy the next month or so, I know I will be.
I shall take your advice.

Great timing because I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a pitbull rear stand.

·
Registered
68 Posts

I bought the Abba stand with the front wheel lift option. First of this brand I've purchased. I'm impressed. It does everything I need it to do and takes up almost zero garage space when not in use.

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
113 Posts
I bought my center stand lift from the picture above to be able to turn the bike 180° without moving my quad that is also parked in that specific garage. So I can
take of again without any hassle :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pit bull front/rear…..quality

Reactions: Roy damron

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have the Pitbull front and rear and they're great. I trust them completely but if I had to do it all over again I would get the Abba. It makes servicing the steering head bearings a lot easier than having to add a jack under the bike to lift the front end off the ground. It's a tad sketchy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Super trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
Like I always do
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Super trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
Like I always do
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you...
There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, Surrenda
They were shining there for you and me😂😂

·
Registered
373 Posts
Didn’t know ABBA made paddock stands🤔
Amazing what those Swedes can do😜

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought my center stand lift from the picture above to be able to turn the bike 180° without moving my quad that is also parked in that specific garage. So I can
take of again without any hassle :)
If you had to buy it again are they worth the money? Do you store it in the lift?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got a Bursig center stand for my GT. Made of really good materials and very sturdy. Took a bit to adjust the adaptor plate but it's great in my small garage to wheel it around in any direction once the bike is off both wheels. It's a bit pricey but you get what you pay for these days.

·
Registered
94 Posts
pit bull here too... solely because i already had the front stand so i just added a rear. After having the bike for a couple of months though... I would probably go the route of something like abba if i could do it again. Trying to do the rear ABS rings with a rear stand was pretty sketchy. This was my first experience with a single sided swing arm so wasn't aware of the nuances of ownership lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received my ABBA Skylift after several years with a Bursig ($599) for my SD 990. The problem for me with the Bursig was twofold. First was that over time the adaptor plate would slowly go out of adjustment & getting it back to where it would work took a lot of adjustment. The next issue was that I also wanted the height available with a lift or table; enter the ABBA Sky lift ($699). Although it is significantly larger than the Bursig, it uses a hydraulic lift, and can raise the bike by the front, rear, or level to approximately 30" off the ground making working on the bike much easier on the back with easy access front or rear, as well as an accessory is available to lift the bike from the foot peg supports to work on the swing arm if needed. The base is similar to the Bursig but larger. It also allows the bike to be rotated on it's axis. Like the ABBA paddock stand, unlike the Bursig the stand raises the bike from both sides of the swingarm which to me is more secure than the Bursig. Changing the adaptors for different bike is also much easier on the ABBA, as the adaptors just slide in & out from the supports. Very pleased with it, and for $100 more than the Bursig, the added versatility is well worth it. If you're just using it on one bike at the track, the Bursig is lighter & smaller. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
113 Posts
If you had to buy it again are they worth the money? Do you store it in the lift?
Def worth the money, would buy it again for sure. If I know that the bike will sit for longer period then it stays in the lift to prevent any flat spots on the tire.
I also move the lift at the side against the wall in the garage and it is out the way to take off with my quad :) , easy to do with this lift.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Def worth the money, would buy it again for sure. If I know that the bike will sit for longer period then it stays in the lift to prevent any flat spots on the tire.
I also move the lift at the side against the wall in the garage and it is out the way to take off with my quad :) , easy to do with this lift.
Awesome thanks! That's why I'm considering one too so even my wife can move it without fear of knocking it over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts