KTM Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2015 RC8R. I’m just wondering what the experience has been with getting parts when/if they’re needed. I’m also wondering if anyone knows what KTM’S policy is regarding the manufacture of parts on a discontinued machine. Thanks in advance for any help.

Just don’t want to buy this great machine (only 550 miles on the clock) to have it become unusable eye candy because I can’t get parts when something breaks.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback genosr1 and Dpg. Dpg, first stop I’ll make is the dealer for break-in service.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rocky Mtn good place to get parts. KTM world.com might be a good choice too. Bike Bandit used to be my go to but they were having problems with back orders and I'm not sure if they got that squared away. KTM dealers would be the last place I would go. My local dealer hasn't been able to get me anything.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rocky Mtn good place to get parts. KTM world.com might be a good choice too. Bike Bandit used to be my go to but they were having problems with back orders and I'm not sure if they got that squared away. KTM dealers would be the last place I would go. My local dealer hasn't been able to get me anything.
Thank you sir, little disheartening that the dealer can’t get you anything.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres intermingled parts with sd,sdr,1190 adv.
the 2008,2009,2010 rc8 1150cc models , parts finder shows all parts available.

Infact ktm is pretty good back to 97, then it gets sketchy.

welcome, the rc8r is going to be a great usable collector.
Thank you. Good info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts