KTM Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happening this coming weekend. I will be at the AHRMA event at Heartland Park, but PPHC is on my bucket list. No idea what, if anything, KTM has planned for 2019. Ducati is fielding a Panigale "Streetfighter" with Carlin Dunne up that's supposed to be followed by a street example in 2020. Dunne won last year on a 1260 Multi. bu did not break Chris Fillmore's record time. The PSF reportedly puts out 200 bhp.

With KTM involved in MotoGP, I think it's only a matter of time before they produce their own V4 streetbikes. Every company in GP other than Honda (and they have too, only to a less-evident degree) has translated their MotoGP technology to the street.

The fantasy is, I suppose, Mr. Fillmore assaulting the mountain on the prototype SuperDuke LC 16. It might take that to get the plum back after this weekend.

Here's a fun vid with a big what-if from a couple of years ago.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
It gets mesmerizing watching the fast sections. It all looks so much the same that I think getting the sequence of corners right would be difficult.

I have been a fan since watching footage of Michele Mouton win it in her Group B Audi Quattro in 1985 and then Climb Dance, the old Ari Vatanen / Peugeot 405 Group B video that came out in the late 80's.

Michele was a little pocket rocket ...

·
Super Moderator
1,786 Posts
I love these sort of race, man v man, clock v clock, big bikes, small bikes, big balls, bigger balls....

Awesome !

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly, Carlin Dunne was killed yesterday when he crashed less than 20 yards from the finish line.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Sadly, Carlin Dunne was killed yesterday when he crashed less than 20 yards from the finish line.
That is not good news. It puts our passion into perspective.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I watched a couple of vids from earlier in the week and he talked about using the frost heaves as berms. Being a multi-time champ there, he knew exactly what he was up against.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a happier and more relevant note here, Chris Fillmore finished !st in Pikes peak Lightweight, 4th motorcycle and 16th overall on a KTM 450 SX-F Factory, the same bike that finished 1-2 in Saturday's Lima half-Mile.

Mr. Fillmore cut a 10:20:819 run. Rennie Scaysbrook captured the PP heavyweight class and new 2-wheel record on an Aprilia V4 Tuono with a 9:44:963. Fillmore's run on the 450 is a new PP Lightweight record and last year's run on the 790 still stands as the PP Middleweight mark.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I attended the event on Sunday....the Ducati V4 SF is pretty bad *** in person....CF owned it on the 450 and last rider was CD on the Duc SF....he looked very good and was posed to beat the record (and apparently would have)....thoughts and prayers, was a sad day, lost a respected member of the greater Moto family...RIP CD!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
steve59
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing