KTM Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I happened into a potential project bike but I'm not sure what I'm getting into and what it would be worth.
The bike is a 92 ktm 500. The frame is trash and it will need plastics, Rebuilt, but it's almost complete.

Is there a place I can look to see parts compatibility? Would a 1990 frame be the same?

Thanks
Chris

·
Super Moderator
2,628 Posts
Hey all,
I happened into a potential project bike but I'm not sure what I'm getting into and what it would be worth.
The bike is a 92 ktm 500. The frame is trash and it will need plastics, Rebuilt, but it's almost complete.

Is there a place I can look to see parts compatibility? Would a 1990 frame be the same?

Thanks
Chris
Welcome to the forum. There are a few of the members who have experience with old/classic bikes and hopefully they arrive soon... But what I can add is a place where you can look for parts from 1994 on-wards. Many/most of the older parts are discontinued, but some of what is still available might be same as on your bike. Who knows... here: KTM Motorcycle OEM Parts, KTM World

·
Dirt tracker
3,442 Posts
Good find!! Surely @Rangerman will have some advice for you. He owns several vintage KTMs and has a wealth of knowledge on them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after more and more reading, what we have here is a 92 300 sx (still not sure on sx but it's looking like it).
Still a cool bike. Going to make a frame a heck of a lot easier to find.

The more I read about the 500 and the more I learned of it's history, it started seeming more and more unlikely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts