KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just finally got my cat delete pipe and a Power Commander V for my 2013 Duke 690.

I have previously installed Kev's O2 mod. Newb question.. as I haven't installed the PCV yet. Can these two work at the same time? Does the PCV make the O2 mod pointless? Do they plug into the same line and can't be used together?

Want to throw them in next weekend and trying to figure out anything to look out for.

Also hoping a guy I know can run the tuning on it. I can't find any good maps for it.

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The powercommander instructions basically say to eliminate the o2 sensor when you install it, and they come with the plug to do it. I would say it's safe to eliminate, and I took it off mine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think kevs o2 mod overrides right in the fuel line .. I've gotta think it plugs in the same spot

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got a pc v for my 13 690 and there is no mention of the o2 sensor nor is there a dongle in the box .

·
Registered
163 Posts

This is the installation video from dynojet. Go to about 3 min 50 sec and you'll see what I'm talking about. You don't need kevs mod anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i talked to dyno jet support today in regards to the O2 sensor dongle or disconnect . They are no longer including the disconnect plug and are recommending to leave the o2 connected as they say they have found it performs better left alone . just passing on what i found out . im disconnecting Kevs controller and installing the pc and heading for a dyno tune for the race season .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting. Let me know what you figure out works best.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Sweet. Let me know how it goes! Doing cat delete and PCV hopefully in the next couple weekends.
And let us how that goes for you too! I love my setup now with the decat & PCV - sprockets next and should be even better.

·
Full Throttle
5,499 Posts
its collecting data as you cruise along, depending on the data it will make some protocol about your cruising.When you do the 15min idle reset , the protocols are cleared and it starts its cycle again.

If its disconnected then it doesnt do the data makes protocol.

I used protocol cause its like the official way it looks after the data from the closed loop.

I think its good to have this data on the street. Cause its data :wink2:

·
Full Throttle
5,499 Posts
just imagine different ECU management.

The adventure ems would need more focus on cruise data ,frosty mountains , dry deserts.

The road bike aka street racer needs more power delivery while being legal.

Cant seem to think that every o2 systems data and protocols are the same, some must be vastly different in parameters.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I have an appointment Friday and will be installing the cat delete + PCV this evening. I'm hoping the bike still runs reasonably well after I install the PCV. Even though I'm not going to have it tuned, should the bike run reasonably well with a stock map?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Power Commander going in! What do I need to know?

So I've finally got a tuning appointment this Friday, and have a cat delete + Power Commander V to install in my 2013 Duke 690. Hoping this cleans up the fueling issues...or else it's on to a 790 or a Hyper.

Question - if I put in a stock PCV and the cat delete..will the bike run alright still to get it out to my appointment? The tuning shop should clean things up, but is there anything I need to know about throwing in a stock Power Commander and not planning on adding any maps?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
About this Discussion
125 Replies
10 Participants
Mals
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing