Comes with onboard diagnostic tool

1 Year Replacement Warranty

24/7 support

Learn more - www powertronicecu com

Instagram - @powertronic_ecu

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
bold statements there of 5bhp increase and a 12,000rpm rev limit. Any dyno runs on 690s ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bold statements there of 5bhp increase and a 12,000rpm rev limit. Any dyno runs on 690s ?
Hey! PowerTRONIC is based out of India we do not have access to 690 here in India, for the Dyno Graph. find the RC390 Dyno Graph for both the maps Power 0 is Race Map and Power 1 is Race+ Map

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This may sound harsh, but how can you say you can get between 3-5 bhp on a 690 if you've not actually done it ?
We haven't mentioned the exact BHP for the 690 the post is pretty generic for all the duke models and not only 690

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts

With PowerTRONIC on this bike, we were interested to explore the limits of the engine and beyond. While we improved throttle response, refinement and power delivery in the process; the goal has always been performance. With dyno-tested gains of 3-5Bhp on a stock motorcycle, there is simply no other accessory in the world that has proven its performance on the road, track and dyno. To put it in other words, if you happened to meet a performance engineer at the factory, this is how his bike would feel.

I disagree, that's exactly what you do, on the 690 page you mention the power increase.

I'm not trying to be difficult here as you're an advertiser and i respect that, but you can't just throw numbers about and offer a service without actually backing up the claims in some way ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey powertronic!

as I’m sure you guys have spent a bunch of time working with the programming on the Super Duke, maybe you can give some info regarding the STOCK ECUs in the Adventure, GT, and “R”. Simply put, are there restrictions in the Adventure and GT that don’t allow them to give the same preformance as the “R”? In one of the other posts here, a user has posted his Dyno run for a GT. I have several Dyno runs for my “R”. His bike shows less HP and Torque then my “R” and most important his bike dies off at 10,000 rpm while mine is making near peak power at 11,000

I won’t go into the whole discussion, but I have seen many vids where the throttle by wire starts closing the throttles at high RPMs on most bikes. Just wondering if this is the case on the KTM as well?

any chance you can post some Dyno charts stock, and then with your powertronic ECU?

·
Super Moderator
443 Posts
@PowerTRONIC ECU - would you be willing to provide one for me to demo? I'm putting my 690 on a dyno in a few weeks and would entertain paying the dyno fees to try one of these out.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hey powertronic!

as I’m sure you guys have spent a bunch of time working with the programming on the Super Duke, maybe you can give some info regarding the STOCK ECUs in the Adventure, GT, and “R”. Simply put, are there restrictions in the Adventure and GT that don’t allow them to give the same preformance as the “R”? In one of the other posts here, a user has posted his Dyno run for a GT. I have several Dyno runs for my “R”. His bike shows less HP and Torque then my “R” and most important his bike dies off at 10,000 rpm while mine is making near peak power at 11,000

I won’t go into the whole discussion, but I have seen many vids where the throttle by wire starts closing the throttles at high RPMs on most bikes. Just wondering if this is the case on the KTM as well?

any chance you can post some Dyno charts stock, and then with your powertronic ECU?
Unless you guys are on he same dyno on the same or identical day, the numbers are relatively meaningless. The only thing that really counts is the difference mods make on a particular bike. Did yours "die off" at 10 grand before mods?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine is an “R” and has always been willing to rev beyond 10,000. On my Dyno chart it is making peak power at 11,000 and still making over 160 hp at 11,500. Meanwhile the “GT” is all done at 10,000

I have seen a lot of vids on you tube where the ECU in stock bikes starts shutting the throttle from about 10,000 rpm (despite the twist grip being at wide open) and I have heard that the adventure 1250 and GT 1250 are “ restricted” in their stock ECUs. I was assuming that if you are making ECUs for the KTM1250s you would have made Dyno runs with stock bikes and with the same bikes after your ECU

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The powerband and torque peak were adjusted to come in at 500 rpm lower, so what would be the use of another 500 rpm? Most GT owners don't do trackdays or dragracing, so the factory set the engine parameters accordingly. I don't see any mystery.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hammerhead, while I agree that the exact numbers mean little, the way the bike makes power should be the same. My bike keeps building power well above 9500 rpm while the GT is all done. That would seem to be a ecu restriction rather then just the difference of dynos

·
Registered
145 Posts
OK, let’s go back a little. We have two people that say the GT engine is exactly the same as the “R” engine. I have stated that that is not what I have heard, and not what other tuners seem to indicate.

your saying the same thing I am. The GT is not exactly the same as the R

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
it's not a "restriction" it's the design target of the factory. If your bike is faster than a GT with the same mods, I wouldn't be surprised since it has 4 more advertised stock horsepower (developed during the extra 500 rpm). They're not holding anything back, the bikes have two different missions and subtle differences engineered in to accomplish those missions. You get 170 bhp and the modded GT gets 165 at 500 rpm less. To paraphrase Lady Gaga, it was born that way. There's nothing to restrict, just nothing left worth doing during that extra 500 rpm. The GT is not an R with a heavier-duty subframe and a fairing.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
OK, let’s go back a little. We have two people that say the GT engine is exactly the same as the “R” engine. I have stated that that is not what I have heard, and not what other tuners seem to indicate.

your saying the same thing I am. The GT is not exactly the same as the R
Whoever said that needs to read up. I'm sure the R ECU is different than the GT ECU. The R was the first 1290. Super Adventure was 2nd. The SA motor was retuned for more low-end and a chunk less BHP at top end. The GT motor is closer to the SA with a good bit of the lost BHP restored.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd like to know whether this ECU replaces the standard ECU or works with it as a piggyback module. If it's a piggyback ECU, how does it work? Does it alter the ouput from the standard ECU? It all seems too good to be true, given how hard KTM have made it to alter the later ECUs.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts