KTM Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
We currently support the Superduke, Superduke and the Superduke R might share the same connector types

You need to update your website!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I agree with @Cgswss ... don't tell us, show us.

·
Super Moderator
1,985 Posts
We will send it to you as soon as we test it out :)
I guess the question is.... How can you sell it, without actually knowing what it does ? I absolutely get what you're doing here, but, can you really sell something that's made to improve the bike, without knowing it improves it ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I guess the question is.... How can you sell it, without actually knowing what it does ? I absolutely get what you're doing here, but, can you really sell something that's made to improve the bike, without knowing it improves it ?
We know what we are doing :) we do not sell ECU without maps and proper testing. We launched PowerTRONIC for the Superduke just 7 days ago and we are working on getting the dyno graph from our tuners and dealers in the US and EU. We launch PowerTRONIC only after real-world testing and we never blindly sell the ECU. And why not buy one and test it out? ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,985 Posts
We know what we are doing :) we do not sell ECU without maps and proper testing. We launched PowerTRONIC for the Superduke just 7 days ago and we are working on getting the dyno graph from our tuners and dealers in the US and EU. We launch PowerTRONIC only after real-world testing and we never blindly sell the ECU. And why not buy one and test it out? ;)
Excellent. Thank you.

As to why... well the simple answer is, it's unproven and you've not given me enough information to part with my money.

There's questions of AFR graphs to show how rich/lean it's running. There's discussions to be had about increasing the rpm top end on a potentially fragile engine. I'd expect there's questions about how this affects rider modes, does it 'tune' in Rain, Street, Sport, track ? Does it do it in the same way ? How is the throttle response affected within these modes ?

Without more in the way of answers, it's a big ask to expect someone to buy it and be your test rider ?

This is why both myself and IDTrav said we would happily do some of this testing for you on a dyno, but we're not paying out a pile of money to be testers.. that's your job :)

You prove it with some figures and i bet your items will fly out the door.... Without them, you may find it more difficult.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So your tuners are in a different location? Even if they are, it would seem that email should work.

you have a couple of users that have offered to do some real world testing, why don’t you offer them a full refund if they choose not to want to keep the stuff after testing. That would be even better PR then just posting Dyno sheets you have done. I’m guessing your just a sales type guy and don’t do much on the tech side. See I can get a Dyno run on my bike that give almost 5 more HP just by going to a different gas ( that costs about $20 a gal). What they seem to be offering is to do a couple of runs on the same day with the same bike maybe 20 min apart to see a real world result.

I think that would be a huge Win Win for you, and all you have to do is offer to give them their money back.
The lack of Dyno results is surprising because I know two different tuners that offer ECU flash’s that have made hundreds of runs to get their end result. From what they say, there are tons of different maps, and of course KTM isn’t going to tell anyone what does what.

just wondering, is the unit different for the three different models?

looking forward to your help on these results.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here's their response - sounds like they are in the middle of rolling out the 1290's and a few others:

Thanks for contraction PowerTRONIC

Yes we are trying really hard on expanding our bike support

We are based in India and here in India KTM has launched the Duke/RC 125, 200, 250 (Duke only) and 390, Duke 790 and now 390 Adventure

We have manuals and fully support the bike listed above

With the help of a few tuners in the US we managed to develop PowerTRONIC for Superduke (2017-19), 1290 GT (2017-19) , 1290 Adventure (2017-19) , 790 Adventure, 690 and 701 Husqvarna (2017-19)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Maybe they can direct us to those tuners and we can buy from them...

im sorry guys, but to me it sounds like they have never even seen a 1290 let alone Dyno tested one. Unless they are willing to give a full refund to those that buy one, I would personally stay away from them. I’m sorry, but One size doesn't fit all

·
Registered
240 Posts
I for one am feeling a bit skeptical.
Do they even have an actual (tested and proven) product that is being offered for sale...for the SDGT?

·
Registered
144 Posts
My feeling too. I think at this point they should be sending out some product to weeksy and idtrav so we can see some real results that we can trust. When we ask to see a Dyno chart, and they post one for the 390, well that just says they don’t have any for the 1290. I checked them out on You Tube, but what is there is for the 390, and all seems to be all from India.

so really, it’s seems we are dealing with a pro type here. If I didn’t have 4” of snow on the ground and little chance to ride before May, I would volunteer to buy one, test it, and when I posted the results, get my money back. But of course it does no good to wait 4 months. I think OP should be talking to management about offering a limited number of these with a full money back offer

·
Registered
144 Posts
You know posting this here could be very very good for you or could be very very bad for you. Most of us here also post in other forums. Most of us know lots of other KTM riders. The answers you give here will effect you long after this thread disappears into the old posts. Everytime a new person joins and asked what my best dollar for dollar and on, I’m sure someone will mention the results of this thread. IMHO straight truthfully answers and real test results will have a big effect on your sales

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would say give them a chance to get the dyno results from whoever they're working with and compare them to what's out there. The unit looks to be as pricey as a PCV, so maybe it can outperform one? I think any piggyback will work as well as the dyno operator who's setting up the map.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts