KTM Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
One of the posters said that his mate had one on a 390. As the company is not forthcoming with any real information, maybe he can tell us if in fact the end user can actually modify the maps, or can one just download maps created by someone with the software the factory used to create the maps. The pro tuner software for the PC5 seems fairly simple, but that is a whole speciality software package, it is nothing that comes with the PC5. As far as “converting” other maps, I would guess that would be somewhat useless as I’m sure they are not interchangeable. Another thing that put me ill at ease is a comment the original poster made. Don’t remember the exact woofing but it was a question able working on another model I believe, where the OP said something like “ if it’s shares the same connector, it would work”. The way I’m reading that is “ well our software is all the same for all the KTMs”

I guess it’s not surprising that the OP has not posted anything lately as it would seem that he actually knows nothing about how the product works beyond what is claimed on his own web site

·
Super Moderator
447 Posts
I guess it’s not surprising that the OP has not posted anything lately as it would seem that he actually knows nothing about how the product works beyond what is claimed on his own web site
Yeah he's either lurking to sniff out a possible sale or completely ghosted us after realizing the claims made with this product are completely false unless you have a 390.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Figured I'd chime in. I already bought a PowerTronics for the Duke 390 that I plan to pick up tomorrow. I downloaded the software and they sent me a couple of maps. This is the first I have ever played with ECU mapping, but the maps look fully customizable to me. Problem I'm having is no one seems very willing to dyno tune for me because the local dynos I've inquired about are already set up to tune the Power Commander V. Figured I would test out all four maps (got the handlebar map 1/2 switch) and maybe tweak some values using my butt dyno if I feel so brave.

·
Full Throttle
5,926 Posts
Problem I'm having is no one seems very willing to dyno tune for me because the local dynos I've inquired about are already set up to tune the Power Commander V.
yep the power of a company that also makes dynos, same type of thing in the EU.
But dont give up because you are already infront of all the add on tuners, atleast you can edit and flash.
What else ya find in there?
By the way you can run a dyno run and use the data to self edit.. Some places only charge less than 1 hr to do 2 runs.
Maybe they dont want to edit , its only fair. Its like asking a guy to start using a new software for design....

81 - 84 of 84 Posts