KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the clutch on my 2012 @ about 17500 miles. Used the EBC street racer kit. Also installed a motion pro quick throttle. Took it out to the track today and the clutch is great, as is the throttle feel, but I can't get over 8500 rpm..... It's not the clutch slipping, it's not revving past and not going anywhere. Every gear its at 8500. Had another guy take it for a spin, same thing. Kinda stumped. Mapping issue maybe? Won't be able to take to the shop till Tuesday so if any one has had a similar problem or ideas on what it could be, let me know.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Cable routing/binding?
In some applications, I've heard the Motion Pro cables are a bit longer than stock - since every gear stops at 8500 RPM, it would seem something is limiting the cable pull/stroke.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Are you sure you're using the right cam reel?
Maybe interference somehow with the handlebar switch limiting rotation?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the 40 in, but your supposed to be able to use all the reals that come with it, there's no right or wrong, just personal preference.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Take the lid off the box and visually check the movement of the flies to make sure you're getting 100% rotation. Otherwise it could be a tps calibration issue, something that's checked by the diagnostic tool when the cabling is replaced (as per repair manual)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Check that the diaphragms in the throttle bodies are not torn and causing a blockage...

I speak from experience.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty sure it's a tps calibration issue, haven't torn it down yet, but every thing is pointing in that direction. Thanks guys for the feedback

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, turns out tps was a minor issue and the fuel filter was getting clogged. Had the tps recalibrated and while on the dyno discovered the fuel pump was the main issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts