KTM Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2018 KTM 1290 SAR, I can't seem to find the "quickshifter" selection under settings anywhere. Is this a "optional" thing I have to get the dealership to do? Or am I just missing it somewhere? Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
17 Posts
In your manual, the information is on page 120. It is an option, I believe it's part of the My Ride Package. That additional package cost me 575.00.
Ken

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Kander. It's a cool feature and worth it. I find myself still clutching a lot since it's second nature, especially when cruising around at low speed. But at higher speeds and on any twisties it's nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
KTM Software Optional Add Ons, Part Numbers

QuickShifter+ 61600940000
HHC (Hill Hold Control) 60400950000
MSR (Motor Slip Regulation) 60400970000

+Optional Travel Pack (all three of the above add ons) 60700900100

I have a 2018 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R (SAR), these are the part numbers my local dealer showed available for my bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still, I find it annoying that the software and hardware is already on the bike and all the dealer has to do for the upgrade is a few minutes shop/computer time. I think it's extortion to basically upsell the bike for over $500 just to enable features already included by the manufacturer. Highway robbery or or Grand Theft Moto, take your pick...

I could see paying shop time, or even a shop minimum, or pay a few bucks extra during first service. I'd be happy to have an explanation of how this is NOT a nasty business practice.

·
Registered
136 Posts
John in Pa < same with the automatic turn signal cancel -- why charge extra. It is a safety issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts