KTM Forums banner

1141 - 1160 of 1165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,141
Another (very,very,very) short video installment...

Yet another short summer ride of 2019...

https://vimeo.com/349225485

An old school in total disrepair from todays ride.

Check out this really nifty 90's dealer promotional video I happened to stumble across for the
1991 Honda XR250L.
I actually have never seen one like it!

Rangerman:ricky:

·
Dirt Wizard
3,728 Posts
You're getting to good at this video stuff mate.
If I send you some footage will you make a good one for me??:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,143
You're getting to good at this video stuff mate.
If I send you some footage will you make a good one for me??:grin2:
Thanks.
I am still not quite sure what I am doing just having fun experimenting with the movie maker.
I would like to get an inexpensive helmet mount cam and use it on the woods rides.

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,144
The Mighty KLR...

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Tech challenged review

I’m a newbie helmet cam operator and well aware of my technical incompetence. Most 4 year olds can operate tech stuff better than me. I recently purchased a Akaso helmet camera(go pro knockoff) and a helmet visor mount for it. Found stick on visor mount on Amazon also. Mount puts camera under visor and out of harms way but requires careful study and placement to avoid crushing goggles in to my big nose when riding. Camera has wrist band remote control or normal voice or push button control. Has a nice waterproof case and audio record can be heard through plastic case. Can link to computer or phone with Bluetooth or hardwire link. Camera was less than half the price of GoPro and seems like good value after several uses and getting smashed and bashed and submerged in swamp water by crazed old guy. I was going to post my video on forum but managed to erase all evidence of my trail ride video in an attempt to transfer contents to my phone somehow. I would assure you these are all defects in my abilities and nothing of the cameras fault. I’m still trying to muddle through the operation of camera, but have been unable to go trail riding yet. Will post video at some point once l figure out how.....:frown2:

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Helmet camera mount

Just a picture of the stick on camera mount. I found it on amazon for $20.00
Works well and plenty sturdy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,147 (Edited)
Thanks for the info...

I’m a newbie helmet cam operator and well aware of my technical incompetence. Most 4 year olds can operate tech stuff better than me. I recently purchased a Akaso helmet camera(go pro knockoff) and a helmet visor mount for it. Found stick on visor mount on Amazon also. Mount puts camera under visor and out of harms way but requires careful study and placement to avoid crushing goggles in to my big nose when riding. Camera has wrist band remote control or normal voice or push button control. Has a nice waterproof case and audio record can be heard through plastic case. Can link to computer or phone with Bluetooth or hardwire link. Camera was less than half the price of GoPro and seems like good value after several uses and getting smashed and bashed and submerged in swamp water by crazed old guy. I was going to post my video on forum but managed to erase all evidence of my trail ride video in an attempt to transfer contents to my phone somehow. I would assure you these are all defects in my abilities and nothing of the cameras fault. I’m still trying to muddle through the operation of camera, but have been unable to go trail riding yet. Will post video at some point once l figure out how.....:frown2:
Is this the one that you have?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AKASO-4K-WIFI-Sports-Action-Camera-Ultra-HD-Waterproof-DV-Camcorder-12MP-170-Degree-Wide-Angle-Black-EK7000/179429234

Rangerman
:ricky:

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Akaso camera model

I have the V50 elite model. Was $139.00 on amazon
I think it works okay. But I'm far from an expert.
I was afraid to buy a really good camera for fear of my inability to operate it and waste more of my dirt bike budget on something I'm unable to use correctly. I'm fudging my way around yet. I'm making baby steps

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,149
Just like old times, even better...

Another (short) video installment.
Tall rows of corn, fun little climb and mild woods riding.
2-up on the KLR650.

https://vimeo.com/352386536

Had a really enjoyable summer evening ride.
Went for some pizza on the patio and then a short evening ride around one of our nice state parks where we camped when our boys were young (and we were too!).
Brings back some fond memories indeed...

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,150
Went for a ride today for lunch at a nearby state park.

Have fished here some in the past.

Nice quiet place to eat my lunch.

And (tentatively) plan an upcoming 2-up ADV ride in the Appalachia USA!

Rangerman

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,151
Remember these?

1,200 buys it on FB marketplace, presently.
I had forgotten about the white YZ years...
'84-93?

Rangerman

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
love those old Yammys. I think they went from yellow to white color in 85 or 86 if memory serves. The yellow Yamaha riders were pissed when the bikes turned white because the Honda riders teased them and claimed the bikes turned pale when faced with the mighty red powerhouse, and the Suzuki and Yamaha were the yellow bikes. But Yamaha laid claim to their yellow YZs being called the “Yellow Zonkers” the mid 1980s YZ125s were dogs. Only Damon Bradshaw could make those weakling YZ125s keep up with the other brands

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,153
love those old Yammys. I think they went from yellow to white color in 85 or 86 if memory serves. The yellow Yamaha riders were pissed when the bikes turned white because the Honda riders teased them and claimed the bikes turned pale when faced with the mighty red powerhouse, and the Suzuki and Yamaha were the yellow bikes. But Yamaha laid claim to their yellow YZs being called the “Yellow Zonkers” the mid 1980s YZ125s were dogs. Only Damon Bradshaw could make those weakling YZ125s keep up with the other brands

Interesting factoids my friend.
You are the one that knows the history for sure!
The Vintage Historian!
I do like the white Yamaha YZ's better than the yellow though (or blue).

Rangerman

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,154
I have never seen an orange Penton.

But I like it...

Rangerman

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,155
Took the '92 EXC out for a spin today.

Anticipating a woods ride soon...

Rangerman

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,156
Our grand kids were over for a visit this weekend so I had the opportunity to ride around the yard with my oldest grandson.
The "Dirt Bike Kid":D

That '87 Suzuki DS 80 is a really fun little bike.
Really brings back memories for me of my Yammy GT80 of yesteryear!
I actually just enjoy sitting on the back patio with a cup of coffee watching him go round and round and round the yard, no doubt imaging that he is in some exciting pro motocross race and winning it with each successive lap!

Rangerman

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,157

Rangerman

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,158
I read about this restoration recently.
Talk about a fine machine.
Vintage.
'80 Cr125 Elsinore

Rangerman

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,159
Or how about this even finer vintage machine...

I'll take this one instead of the Honda!

Rangerman

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,160
A few pix from today's ride.
Two venerable machines from yesteryear...

The (very) old house in the distant background most likely dates back to the Civil War era here in the USA.
My youngest son and his friend always wanted to stop and walk back to it to take a look but we never did.
It had a roof then and was in much better condition.

We always commented on how many chimneys it had.
This is one aspect of motorcycling that I enjoy, seeing bits of this country's history and imagining a much simpler time.

Vintage bikes, vintage times.

Rangerman

1141 - 1160 of 1165 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
20 Participants
Rangerman
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing