KTM Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im moving from Toronto to Vancouver in a few weeks and am considering buying an RC8R here and moving it out west.

Insurance is surprisingly inexpensive for it here in TO (similar to, or less than many 600SS), but I have no idea what to expect in BC and I know that BC uses cc to determine class. The 1190cc may make it ridiculous!

I cant get a quote without a BC license!

Those of you with RC8Rs in BC, do you find its insurance is significantly higher than a typical 600SS?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
RC8R Insurance

I am in AB now, formally from BC, I don't think it's going to be as cheap as you are saying it is in TO for the RC8 compared to BC, in AB mine is listed as a Restricted bike same as my Superduke which wasn't my 1st year of insurance but went up the 2nd yr, insurance companies can and do reviews every once in a while. So my broker told me.
Is there not a broker you could call to ask for a quote before you bought bike and moved to BC? I am sure in a BC yellow pages you'd find one in the area you are moving to that could give you a responsible idea of what it would cost!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You've probably already moved here, but it's $1200 a year with a 43% discount and no coverage add on the private insurance for collision etc and it jumps to $1600 a year or if direct through icbc $2200

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in Calgary and I pay $550 for my 2010 RC8 through TD/Meloche Monex, if your part of a professional body, my wife is an RN you will get reduced rates and it depends how old you are and your insurance history I've not dropped my bike either and I'm older.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Im through intact insurance. ..they farm it out to sine other company i can't remember who.

Im $450 annually. ...plpd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts