KTM Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
GOOD FIND^^^^

However, the water pump seal is a relatively easy fix that anyone could do in their garage.

Once the clutch cover is removed its all there. And as long as the seals are installed correctly I didn't see much that could go wrong actually (besides normal wear, leading to leaks). Im not worried about it one bit...and if it happens Ill just fix it in an hour.

· Registered
347 Posts
Since you are speaking about radiators and coolant, what should be the average temperature showing on the dash? I rode my RC8R yesterday for the first time and wasn't sure if 210 farenheit was to high or average after riding for 2 hours.
The fan doesn't kick on til 96 deg c (roughly208 f??) so thats normal.

Sitting in traffic mine gets up to 110 deg C !! That's with silicone hoses AND water wetter for coolant. Also on a 32 deg C day though. As soon as I get some airflow it drops to 93 or so. On normal days (22 deg c) its as low as 85 on the highway.

· Registered
347 Posts
I also thought I was loosing coolant somewhere upon my rebuild. But I filled it to full after it went down. ...it then proceeded to pour out the overflow at a bike meet lol.

I attributed it to air in the system as the temps would rise and fall fairly drastically at first, and that I never did the bleed from the heads.

6000kms later and it's a lot more solid after venting some air. Though. ..still leaking a little too add it appears lower.

Oil seems fine, no remnants of coolant (I used water wetter though) and If I fill it, it overflows again lol. It never drops past min.

Maybe I'll bleed the system after all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.