KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I’m wanting to sell my 2012 RC8R
it has 4800 miles
Perfect condition never down or tracked
And pretty much babied all her life
White / orange/ orange wheels
Pretty stock other then a tail
Tidy and smoke windscreen
Tires are a few years old and I just did all the fluids and a new battery
She is in perfect condition
I’m trying to put a value on it
I have seen that they have gone up like everything else
I’m thinking 14k but I could be off
So any input would be great
I’m located in the US

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Beautiful bike. Having just acquired an 2011 RC8R I had to validate what I paid for my bike. I had choices for two other RC8R’s. Very similar to yours , 3k to 4K on each one was a 2013, the other a 2014. The were private sales they were $12,500 and $13,200. I never saw if they were sold.

The one I ultimately got is not a comparison, mine had 10k was tracked and for some reason the owners had taken of the mirrors and turn signals. So it needed sone TLC and mechanic work, but it came with a Race body, extra wheel set, 2 sets of Bremen front rotors, Sato Racing rear sets and shift lever spindle, frame sliders, adjustable levers, Rottweiler Air box, tune flash, FMF exhaust and front wave rotors. Which for me made sense because the purpose was to take in a short rides but to use it for track days.

I hope this give you some insight, but the price of RC8’s I am thinking will be increasing in the future. Iconic machines. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
Where in the US are you located?
Thats a very nice looking bike if the photos are still representative of the actual bike.

I must say it’s rare to find folks who look after their stuff these days!

·
Registered
2016 690 Duke
28 Posts
FYI, the date code on the rear tire says it's approaching 8 years old. I'm picky about tire age. A few years back I bought a 10 year old bike with 1900 miles on it and immediately changed the tires. I was highly irritated that the dealership wouldn't change the tires as a condition of the sale since they go off tread depth. The rubber was hard as a rock.

Value is subjective and is assessed differently in different areas. NADA says that your bike is worth $10k average retail in my area. Personally, I would not pay $14k but that's not to say someone else wouldn't. It's really worth what someone else will pay for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts