KTM Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Cheers ID Trav....... you could go back to the 15t with dampener and put a larger rear sprox on (but that may require a new longer chain). Guessing 15/45 might be similar to your 14/42. In any case the dampener sprox are worth it because they shut up the noise of the plain steel sproxs.

(y)

Reactions: IDTrav

·
Super Moderator
2,192 Posts
Due to? The fact it's a solid steel one and not dampened? Let me have it Weeks I have thick skin and easy to put the other one back on.

You realize that is just test fitted on there to make sure the splines line up right? Was the only pic I had on my phone and am at work. I'll take the cover off when I get home and do another inspection after the jaunt last night.
I was thinking from how it looks like it's not engaging fully, but if you're happy that when it's all done properly it is, then i guess you're OK.

The other side of things is that the KTM 690 is quite a 'busy' bike anyway, up down, up, down, up.... through the box, adding an extra level of that due to the gearing may make it a bit too much for me ?
That all said, i don't/can't wheelie... so they're not a factor for me.

·
Super Moderator
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
WELLLLL I LOVE MY 690 ... again

Look what me and the mad scientist came up with this weekend:

IMG-1567.JPG
IMG-1568.JPG

I know wheelies aren't everyone's cup of tea but my style of riding combined with the group of bikes / friends I choose to occupy my time requires progression. Unfortunately the bond me and my 690 had was coming to an end having limitations with not my skill set but the actual bike itself.

This mod solves everything wrong with the 2016+ 690's that came with Traction Control.

I can now roll on 2nd gear wheelies with ease. 2nd gear clutch-ups are like butter and am not fighting the putrid electronics continually trying to drop the front end down. Low in the RPM's (4-5K) I can now wheelie in 3rd gear running it out to redline!!! What a time to be alive...

@Tooph & @cors187 get full credit for the theory and putting into action for positive results. I kept getting hung up on fabrication - who in my small town can make a bracket? Ok well lets get the ball rolling and buy some extra ABS sensors. I went to the dealer and they originally quoted me $40 each but after looking into their parts schematics more i knew it was too good to be true. That was just for the hub ring... $260 EACH sensor effff that!

So I was thinking about it one night on the weekend and remembered a broom handle bracket I had laying on my tool bench. Said to my buddy lets use this so he went to town with a hacksaw, my bench vice and a set of pliers to make the proper bends while i proceeded to cut my front wheel speed sensor and extend to the rear. 2 hours later and nailed it. The tolerance is bang on with the rear and no ABS light, CEL or ANY faults. Bike is the way it should be :)

·
Super Moderator
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Got a nice visit and some bike goodies from @ebtimmer and his badass race-prepped 690 last night. Went for supper and a little cruise to meet up with some locals around town but got cut short due to a massive storm - pretty sure I'm still not dried off a day later :ROFLMAO:

IMG-1621.jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

61 - 64 of 64 Posts