KTM Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna try a new place , out-of state, for the service/ re-valve on my shock for the '00 RM250. I'm planning to use the bike for hare scrambles. I hear that WER is good for Suzuki, Honda, and KTM. They support off road moto.Since KTM is one of the top(if not THE top) makes, I was wondering if anyone has other suggestions for suspension tuners, ALL makes. I'm gonna make this RM work for me until I pick up a new KTM after the start of the season. I haven't decided on a model yet, but it'll prolly be a 2 stroke!I'm already thinking the 200...what's the suspension like "out of the box" on that one ? Anybody, got experience with that model yet? '07 ?My stock KTM 125SX was a bit firm, even after adjustment. I 've been told that the chassis on the 125 and 200 are similar...not sure about the '07 or '08 models though...please advise, I'm open to reasonable suggestion

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own a 2004 125sx and it feels to soft for my liking.The 07' models are verry firm and I have heard verry good things about ktms 200 in the long run.I havent ridden a w model but I have ridden a standard 200xc and it felt like it would be a handfull in the woods.I would recomend The 250 xcf or xcf-w.With electric start these bikes are just unbeatable.Very light,very reliable,and not too much for the woods.Plus no more premix or fouled plugs.I have been stomping on my sx-f for a whole year and half and havent adjusted my valves once and I check them all the time.But you must let the motor warm up before you even rev it or else the hydraulic cam chain tensioner wont build up pressure in time and will jump timing.The six-speed trany is nice as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts