KTM Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new bike has the starter wiring ripped out and I’m trying to fix it. The switch is black and orange but the schematic says red yellow and red white iirc. Can someone go and check the wiring. My bike is a 2011 250xc. I’m pretty sure it’s red yellow and red white. But not sure. I am pretty sure the switch wiring that is black and orange goes to the red yellow and red and white. Doubtful it matters which goes wear as its probably just a standard switch. Thanks for the help, first post but I hope to contribute as much as I can.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Easy fix

Factory switch uses reversed connectors. Male to female bullet connectors. Replacements are identical. Wire colors on switch and bike harness are same color. Crossing starter wires in harness will engage starter. Be sure bike is in neutral when testing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory switch uses reversed connectors. Male to female bullet connectors. Replacements are identical. Wire colors on switch and bike harness are same color. Crossing starter wires in harness will engage starter. Be sure bike is in neutral when testing

My issue is that bullet connectors are ripped off. I’m pretty certain these are them.

Attachments

·
Dirt Wizard
4,179 Posts
I gather they are the same, but on the slightly earlier models there were 4 wires coming out of the starter button/comb switch.
Red/yellow, red/white, black and brown.
3 of them use to go to the starter relay block, Red/yellow to the fuse and the black and red/white wires to the relay.
Brown to the switch is earth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts