KTM Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if it's possible to perform the shift shaft sensor reset procedure outside of a dealership setting?

I flashed my '17 GT with a tune from Brentuning, and lost my cruise control and quick shifter. I was able to reset the CC, but it looks like I may have to get the dealer involved to get the QS functioning again.

I'm hoping they can hook it up to the diagnostic tool and perform the procedure with the Bren flash installed. I fear if I flash it back to stock to take it in, I'll just lose the QS feature again when I install the tune again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
What did Bren say?..Did they tell you their not responsible if other systems go haywire?..I'd be all over them before bringing it in for a hookup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did Bren say?..Did they tell you their not responsible if other systems go haywire?..I'd be all over them before bringing it in for a hookup.
I haven't contacted them about it yet. I'm happy with the tune aside from the QS not functioning.

It's to my understanding that this sometimes happens when the ECU is flashed (many members have reported it after getting the suspension software update). I'm not local to Bren so I really don't see what they can do to help

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I haven't contacted them about it yet. I'm happy with the tune aside from the QS not functioning.

It's to my understanding that this sometimes happens when the ECU is flashed (many members have reported it after getting the suspension software update). I'm not local to Bren so I really don't see what they can do to help

Well thats good to know because I was thinking of having Bren flash my SDR, but now, not so sure..I would definitely reach out to them though..I would think losing your QS would be a problem they should address..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well thats good to know because I was thinking of having Bren flash my SDR, but now, not so sure..I would definitely reach out to them though..I would think losing your QS would be a problem they should address..
Certainly agree!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What changed after the Bren flash performance wise? I'm interested in something the same but not sure what to expect... Regards!
Throttle response is sharper and the engine runs smoother at lower rpms.

For the most part, I got the tune so the bike would run safe with a decat pipe and airbox mod

·
Registered
20 Posts
My QS disappeared after a reflash, turned around, went back to the tuner and he sorted it really quickly

Reactions: afrankart

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is a somewhat old thread, but did you ever get your issue resolved? I have a 2017 GT and just flashed with Brentun and have the exact same issues. I was able to reset the Cruise Control, but no luck on the Quick Shift. Waiting to hear back from Brentun, but curious what became of your situation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not. I took it to the dealer with the tune installed. They did the reset procedure with no luck.

Haven't contacted Bren about it yet but I've been meaning to

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I decat mine i won't be flash tuning. I'll eliminate o2 and then do the SAS mod, but that's it. A decat bike may want a new tune but doesn't need one. If it ends up running too lean then I'll consider tuning. Hope you get your's sorted though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hate to say this but what you are going through is exactly why I stayed away from Bren Tune. Even after completing a Rottweiler Stage V conversion to my 2017 KTM GT and wanting a Bren Tune I was told that: I would have to re-Dyno the bikes map to get a custom map & my quick shifter most likely would quite working requiring a visit to my KTM Dealer. That is what can happen if you add a Bren Tune to a GT. At least the guy at Bren Tune was honest. Best of luck. Best,

Doc 😢 😢

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wasn't told anything about the quickshift not working when I purchased it, and didn't see anything on their website. I'm not going to pay $800 to lose functionality. I flashed back the stock map and now it isn't working there either. I guess that'll require a trip to the KTM dealer to fix.

Should have just left it stock :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Might I ask which tuner you used?
It was Dave Wood Racing which, unfortunately for ease of use, is in the UK! Might be worth getting your guy to email them to see if they have an easy fix? From memory, they said the QS issue was just a menu choice that reset to off (on KTMs) when the ECU was flashed and he had forgotten to turn it back on. Only took a couple of minutes to sort out

https://www.davewoodracing.com/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, the onboard display said yes, QS said no! This was an internal 'switch', accessed when they linked into the bike computer

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't think that is a Bren issue. when I took my 2016 GT in to the dealer for the suspension software upgrade they gave it back to me with the QS inop. Had to reschedule an appointment for them to calibrate it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is a 2017, I had the suspension upgrade done and haven't had any issues with QS. The OP had BrenTun and took back to dealer to re-calibrate and still didn't work. Unsure how you could suspect otherwise based on evidence.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts