KTM Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! Joined here to keep my son's KTM 200 Duke running ....

I bought a used 2021 Duke 200 in white with 7800 miles for my son last month for $2,625 cash. The bike was a daily commuter in excellent cosmetic condition but needed some mechanical repairs: Certain LCD display functions and LCD backlight did not work. The entire LCD instrument cluster is being replaced by KTM under warranty next Tuesday (the bike still is under full factory warranty until September 2023), rear footpegs were gone, the front left turn signal glass was broken and the handlebar/clutch lever were bent from dropping it. Not a crash but just a drop. Also, the clutch was slipping under full power (the clutch pack was way under spec due to worn friction disks). I installed a clutch friction disk kit from India for $45 yesterday ... the steel disks were still fine .... it's really super easy to do ... took me about an hour taking my time and micrometering all the parts ... and now it is as good as new. He loves riding it and it is now all gone through and repaired, running like new. I think despite the repairs I had to make (I fixed it all myself for approx. $150 and the instrument cluster will be taken care of by KTM) it was a really great deal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts