KTM Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dirt Wizard
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@augiedoggie has been struggling to post up a vid link of him chasing this young fella on a 300.
Try this mate.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
A bit of both. Most of those mud holes are small ponds or edges of swamps

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Old dog is late 60s
Young pup is mid? 40s..

·
Dirt Wizard
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reckon you do alright for an old dog Augie.
The younger fella certainly has a fair go at it.
When you asked me to watch the vid and give my opinion. (I'm certainly no Toby price), but It looks a bit like the 300 might be a fraction to big for him. You brake a lot later and are quicker through the tight stuff. The 300's power when he gets a sniff of fresh air just punches him forward and creates a fair gap, but he's taking longer to pull up and looks like the a-se is dancing around a bit (hence the few times when he holds the leg elevated off the peg)
Chuck him on a 250 and I reckon he'd be twice as quick.
Does he get arm pump after a while?

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
ah. yes sir. good observation. my friend is super lightweight and small sized, but superhuman strong. he rode my 250 extremely well but no video exists because i could not keep up with him while riding his 4 stroke yamaha behind him. he is very fluid and smooth, but struggles a bit in the rough turns and corners with his feet off foot pegs. my 250 is tons faster than any 300 but each bike has its strong and weak points. my 250 is tuned for point and shoot woods riding and steers nicely with throttle. you can see on video the monster 300 mid range just powers away on straights. we enjoy many good trail rides together in recent years because we keep a good sensible riding pace and seldom crash or get tired or get severe arm pump.

·
Dirt Wizard
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought he might get arm pump as it looks like he's trying to man handle the 300 a little bit.
I get arm pump as I like my 500, but it's way too much bike for me in the scrub. The fuel injection is to punchy/snatchy.

A 250-300 2 banger would be heaps easier for me and I believe the best all round bike for the scrub.
You both definitely ride good and nothing wrong with being a little conservative. Less sh-t gets broken then.

More videos now, c'mon we're waiting....

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Ah yeah. Arm pump was a bitch for me back in the day. Hare scrambles and moto would kill me with arm pump. The final fix for mine was carpal tunnel surgery some years ago. Almost never have arm pump after surgery. Now my big problem is the friggin arthritis in my hands. Hard to muscle the bike with sore,weak hands but we still try. We ride now and we cry later but dammit we ride like men:p I'm still trying to load more video but progress is slow and I'm struggling with it. I will keep trying and figure it out soon. I have some of my epic crashes that are funny as balls but some need editing to remove curse words. Will keep trying

1 - 11 of 11 Posts