KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the bike, but not to adventure riding. I purchased a 2016 1290 SA in pristine condition and rode over 500 miles this weekend. One thing that needs to change is the orientation of the heated grips. On the throttle side the bulge where the wire goes into the grip is rubs me right in the thumb. I have wide hands and this quickly become very sore.

Is there any easy way (hopefully without ruining the grips) to rotate that bulge around so it is in front of my thumb and next to my index finger. The same style of grip was on my previous V-Strom and with that bulge in front of my thumb, it was much more comfortable.

Thanks for any great (non-destructive) ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, new to the bike, but not to adventure riding. I purchased a 2016 1290 SA in pristine condition and rode over 500 miles this weekend. One thing that needs to change is the orientation of the heated grips. On the throttle side the bulge where the wire goes into the grip is rubs me right in the thumb. I have wide hands and this quickly become very sore.

Is there any easy way (hopefully without ruining the grips) to rotate that bulge around so it is in front of my thumb and next to my index finger. The same style of grip was on my previous V-Strom and with that bulge in front of my thumb, it was much more comfortable.

Thanks for any great (non-destructive) ideas.
I would try to work lube in from the ends. Maybe some gentle heat. Get them loose and glue back in correct position. I tried to just twist my GL’s grips and broke them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts