KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
The rear that comes on the bike has a softer compound. Its for journo's doing write ups on the track part of the reviews. I got 4000kms from the stock tire, 5,200 from off the shelf S22's aprox.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is anyone else not all that happy with the S22s? I'm not a fan. They've got decent grip and turning characteristics and typical wear (I've got 1700 miles on the bike and I'm more than half way through a second rear and front is cooked). Diablo Corsas were on the short list but they're a little overkill on the street and waaayyyy expensive.

I've always been really happy with Q3s but sadly the do not make a 200....and everyone is sold out of the 190s. So, based on jurno's reviews I purchased a set of Pirelli Rosso IVs. Will mount them up in a week or two and provide a review.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
wow, I'm at 2900 miles on the stock tires and expect another 1000 or so. I know sport touring tires are a compromise but they're better than I am. My footpegs will grind and tires won't slip, how much more do you need?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ran Conti RA3s on my 1290 Super Adventure S and really liked them...good grip on the edge and really good steering characteristics. Granted that was a 19" front. Typically got 2.5 to 3k miles out of them.

I have to revise my earlier post. The S22s (now with the non SDR version on the rear) feel much better with the new suspension. Really good feedback now. I've got maybe 2 more 100 mile rides and they're done. Looking forward to trying the Rosso IVs

·
Registered
135 Posts
Agreed...at least somewhere close to twisty roads!

As you can see from the photo, I'm about a millimeter from the wear bar on the sides but tires look almost brand new in the center. I usually give my take offs to a buddy that commutes 50 miles to work each way but these 200 section rears are too big for his bike.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For track I agree although I really like the Metzler TD slicks I'm currently using (basically a Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa without tread).

For the street the grip is overkill, they would wear quicker than typical sport tires and as previously mentioned....too expensive. In my humble opinion, if your going fast enough on the street to use all of the grip the Diablo Super Corsa has to offer you may want to evaluate your pace...just sayin.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Im a huge fan of the S22. I run 120 / 200 on my Super Duke R to a delightful degree. Probably get 2000-2500 miles out of them. (Thats another new set sitting on the shelf in the background)

·
Registered
989 Posts
I ran Conti RA3s on my 1290 Super Adventure S and really liked them...good grip on the edge and really good steering characteristics. Granted that was a 19" front. Typically got 2.5 to 3k miles out of them.

I have to revise my earlier post. The S22s (now with the non SDR version on the rear) feel much better with the new suspension. Really good feedback now. I've got maybe 2 more 100 mile rides and they're done. Looking forward to trying the Rosso IVs View attachment 109150
I see you get down with it 🤘

·
Registered
135 Posts
New set of Metz TD slicks on left (waiting to go on R1 for TD season here in So Cal...few months yet), SM slick(ish) for the Husky FS450, and the new Rosso IVs for the SDR on the right. These were pretty pricey at $440 delivered so hopefully they live up to the hype and last a while 🤞
Cheers

·
Registered
615 Posts
I really like the Rosso III Lowrance, but i could barely get 2500 kms out of them, great hot day grip (pic was after 140kms of fast back roads on a 30C day, and 1500 kms in total) but they were sketchy in the wet if they cooled down, Jee you get good prices on your tires, Tires have gone up heaps here. Was getting a set of S22's for $499 now around $560 and up, just paid $390 for a PR6 for the rear on the Multi. Covid has pushed prices here sky hi. Well they blame it on that the importers.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you're a fan of Metzeler, the Sportec M9RR are pretty good on road currently using them in winter here in oz and the cold wet grip is great, the M7's were good in summer be interesting to see how much the new generation has improved, i almost went for the Rosso IV but being winter went for the Metzelers. TBH the S22 changed my opinion of bridgestone, previously had them as OEM on my 2012 ZX10R and could not get rid of soon enough, felt vague and not much feedback swapped them at first service for Rosso Corsa and was night and day, these S22 were actually a huge improvement.

·
Registered
772 Posts
S22 SDR vs S22. Most likely down to this… see below video.
I don’t think you can buy an S22 SDR? Happy to be proven wrong if someone has a link to purchase?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts