KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daily pics and works No1 link(2000posts)

@Prospected, I'm diggin' those pictures in the corners. Great lean angle and good photography!

There's just one thing I noticed which I was guilty of too in the past, is the outside foot. I used to have the ball of my feet on both pegs much like you and it never gave me much confidence. Apparently what should be done, is that you dig your heel into the peg on your outside foot. When I went to do a 3 day trackday programme in 2013 it was Troy Corser himself who told me as much. For hard braking, you dig both heels into the pegs for maximum control.

Ignore the circle, I just grabbed this pic off the interwebz real quick. Check their left feet. I'm hoping that practicing this will give you even better control over the GT.

There might be some science to it - the more contact with your bike the better you can impose muscle strength and handling, but it might just be preference too. Who knows.

·
Registered
125 Posts
@Prospected, I'm diggin' those pictures in the corners. Great lean angle and good photography!

There's just one thing I noticed which I was guilty of too in the past, is the outside foot. I used to have the ball of my feet on both pegs much like you and it never gave me much confidence. Apparently what should be done, is that you dig your heel into the peg on your outside foot. When I went to do a 3 day trackday programme in 2013 it was Troy Corser himself who told me as much. For hard braking, you dig both heels into the pegs for maximum control.

View attachment 103409

Ignore the circle, I just grabbed this pic off the interwebz real quick. Check their left feet. I'm hoping that practicing this will give you even better control over the GT.

View attachment 103410

There might be some science to it - the more contact with your bike the better you can impose muscle strength and handling, but it might just be preference too. Who knows.
Agreed with the footwork and on track there’s a different story however, the Tail of the Dragon is 11 miles with essentially 318 relentless switchbacks. Far more work than any track ripping. If you’re ever over on this side of the pond you need to make it a destination.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed with the footwork and on track there’s a different story however, the Tail of the Dragon is 11 miles with essentially 318 relentless switchbacks. Far more work than any track ripping. If you’re ever over on this side of the pond you need to make it a destination.
The Dragon has often done the rounds in now defunct motorcycle forums I've been on over the years. It's been on my bucket list since. Everytime I see it, my throttle hand aches.

This is today's job done. It's a Regina Ta-C chain in original size. Apparently it's lube-free and maintenance-free.

Which is funny, because it came pre-lubed out of the box. Okay, it's not much, but for a chain that the marketing department says doesn't need lube, to come pre-lubed in its packaging?

Anyway, I'm going to treat it as any other chain which means I'm keeping an eye on it. Regular cleaning and minimal lubing is what I'm gonna do.

Oh, and it's gold!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hammerhead~ That area's one of many favorite spots which is near a local reservoir. The extreme heat wave of weather lately finally broke (for a day) and so I went for a quick ride. Even in the mountains it's hot. It's been a rough year escaping mother's natures (or ours?) fury... :(

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Hammerhead~ That area's one of many favorite spots which is near a local reservoir. The extreme heat wave of weather lately finally broke (for a day) and so I went for a quick ride. Even in the mountains it's hot. It's been a rough year escaping mother's natures (or ours?) fury... :(
Heading out that way next Sunday. Last trip two years ago we stayed in South Fork. This time, up near Steampunk's 'hood in Grand Junction. Been following the weather there and it's been hotter in Colorado than here in Southern Illinois.

·
Read Only
98 Posts
Heading out that way next Sunday. Last trip two years ago we stayed in South Fork. This time, up near Steampunk's 'hood in Grand Junction. Been following the weather there and it's been hotter in Colorado than here in Southern Illinois.
True, hottest summer we've experienced since our arrival in 2005. I can deal with the heat, but the smoke from the west coast fires sucks. Today I can't see the San Juans, and there've been quite a few days I couldn't see Grand Mesa, and we live on its southern slope! And Raindancers stay for free at area hotels.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Repurposed SW-Motech Tail Bag Pro from my previous bike. I can say it works great on SDR. It connects nicely to the passenger seat with no visible straps.

View attachment 103680
What's the brand of that tank grip? Looks solid, I like it.

I am a big fan of tailbags. They might not look all that awesome but they are very, very useful. I have the Powerparts one and I'll never part with it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What's the brand of that tank grip? Looks solid, I like it.

I am a big fan of tailbags. They might not look all that awesome but they are very, very useful. I have the Powerparts one and I'll never part with it.
It’s TechSpec. I’ve used them for a while across the bikes I’ve owned. Look is subjective, but they offer solid grip.

1 - 20 of 397 Posts