KTM Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1425 Posts

·
Full Throttle
5,925 Posts
anyhow my baby won't power lift the front til 8k now so not doing the sas block off is detrimental to midband power with the decat and akra map.
interesting note, by observation what was the original lift rev? how much did it shift

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mirage,I bought the same tail tidy,I didn't realize that it was all steel! Damn heavy! I wasn't quite sure about those spacers,I mounted license plate light flush to plate,and put spacers in the back? Directions for that were somewhat sketchy .

·
Registered
742 Posts
cors I would say when I first got it around 4k in 3rd would bring the front up then we had a 90% humidity endless summer and I could feel that power loss across the board, i'm still running stock gearing, I also softened the back suspension a bit and I suppose I could bring it back to stock settings and see if that caused the change.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My Rottweiler fuel dongles and DNA filter showed up. So I'll put them in since the weather is crap. If that doesn't appease me than I'll order the full Akrapovic for spring. Time will tell. Also thinking about changing the rear cylinder velocity stack to an 80mm one. Hearing good things about low end smoothness with that set up. Don't know. I'm bored.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My Rottweiler fuel dongles and DNA filter showed up. So I'll put them in since the weather is crap. If that doesn't appease me than I'll order the full Akrapovic for spring. Time will tell. Also thinking about changing the rear cylinder velocity stack to an 80mm one. Hearing good things about low end smoothness with that set up. Don't know. I'm bored.
I would buy two 80mm stacks😎

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Nippy out today after I got done at the coal mine, but really wanted to see if the Rotty o2 eliminators did anything perceivable. Yes. They do. The wheezy sub 4000 rpm chatter is greatly reduced. My bike feels smoother as it gets up to speed from slow low throttle cruise. Maybe it's me but I think it sounds deeper too at low rev acceleration. Euro 4 emissions is really holding these things back and every little bit helps.

·
Registered
229 Posts
New Jersey,I noticed same, I might do another dyno run to check AFR with the fuel dongles and as far as the stacks,I'd buy two,80mm is considerably shorter
Then stock( I never measured the stock ones)
Which would change the torque curve higher.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks for the info. I'm not in the upper Rev range that often so I may keep them stock for now. I spend most of my time between 3500-5500. Lots of residential roads around here and any open stretch is loaded with the fuzz.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm not in the upper Rev range that often so I may keep them stock for now. I spend most of my time between 3500-5500. Lots of residential roads around here and any open stretch is loaded with the fuzz.
Your better off leaving them stock,unfortunately if u decide to use the rotty air box u have to cut one of the stock velocity stocks for it to fit( I believe u have to remove 20mm on the rear stack) and yes, those "NJ Fuzz" do break balls!

·
Registered
742 Posts
If I may? I was going to order the rotty airbox along with the sas block off plates, I have the bodis, akra slipon and akra map with K&N filter now and it obviously needs the sas done but my question is what will the rotty airbox do to the mid band from 5-7k?

·
Registered
229 Posts
If I may? I was going to order the rotty airbox along with the sas block off plates, I have the bodis, akra slipon and akra map with K&N filter now and it obviously needs the sas done but my question is what will the rotty airbox do to the mid band from 5-7k?
If you do that mod,I suggest you install a PCV,and remap,because with the rotty air box mod,it will run lean....and in regards to 5-7k,
Well,of course the bike will run much better!
But u have to add more fuel,with that mod.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
noticed my front brake fluid reservoir had a wet spot on the lid, so i took it off cleaned it and dumped the brown fluid for fresh. nothing better to do so i did the clutch mineral oil too. then spent another 2 hours trying to locate what is rattling in my headlight. attempt 3, and still cant pin point it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks for the advice drnick since I thought the akra download was dumping too much fuel already and the ktm experts around here seem to be all about mx I appreciate any links I can bring to my shop that explain what I can't.

41 - 60 of 1425 Posts