KTM Forums banner

1681 - 1700 of 1738 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
It was the pic of those fold in bar end mirrors that prompted me to buy my own.

Pics are coming. Thanx for the idea!

By the way, those scenery pictures make me furiously jealous. You should see Holland one day... only one day, then promptly get out. The place is FLAT. No mountains. Not even hills. The rural areas are nice only because there's some nature there. But canyons? You have to travel 600+ miles to the southeast for that...

Reactions: FXDX

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
new dancing shoes on - (Supercorsa TD) with a light scrub. First track day with her.
Looks mean with the blacked out tape and no antler mirrors!

View attachment 98467

when you do not intend to wheelie that high - but a photographer catches anyway. #winnerwinnerchickendinner

View attachment 98466

26psi hot ... not happy.

View attachment 98468

28 PSI - better

View attachment 98469
Front was good at 33 psi hot
View attachment 98470

after I got back from the track - the hunt for some barend mirrors ensued... I wanted some that don't break the bank! these are super cool. they snap in when you park.

made by CNC racing. 81mm diameter - no vibration!! 10/10 score! View attachment 98472
View attachment 98473 View attachment 98471
like those mirrors - good that they have the "lane splitting" feature.(fold in)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Don't forget southwestern Utah. I've been alternating yearly for 14 years on trips to the Rockies or the Smokies from Texas and agree that the roads and scenery are better in the West (I do enjoy going east as well). I always go through northwestern Arkansas on the way to the Smokies--definitely some nice roads there. This year I had a trip planned just after Labor Day up to South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho but had to cancel due to Covid-19. I watched the weather as I sat at home and it was perfect! Depressing--hopefully next year.
Have ridden Black Hills, Yellowstone and vicinity, Flathead Lake area, Moab and Arches. If a road straightens out for any length of time, it's just more opportunity to sightsee on the move.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Roads that are long, flat and no elevation? Sorry, but I only see mountains. ;)

Thanks GoPro!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great pics, Pros, but you should qualify the opening statement with the word "Eastern" as in "best roads in the Eastern US. I think the roads in Colorado and Northern New Mexico are as good and the scenery is better. Arkansas has some gooders, too.
What roads are you referring to in Arkansas? It's closer than NC for me and I've never explored there before.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I like the roads in the Boston Mountains, mostly in the NW corner or the State although the Hot Springs area has some great pavement, too. Ar 5, 7, 9, 14, 16, 23, 125, and 341, also known as Push Mountain Road, (The Arkansas Dragon) are among my faves. If I had to pick one it would be 16 since it's so long and twisty. 341 is a great novelty road, esp the lower half. The Talimena Parkway is great, too, but when you get to the southern terminus, the best thing to do is turn around and run it the other way. it's 50-some-odd miles of ridge road with vistas on either side.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I thought my front brake felt a little soft at the lever, but had attributed this to the anti-lock system. Yesterday I decided a good bleed wouldn't hurt, so I started at the m/c. As soon as I opened the bleeder, a fizzy mix of brake fluid and air bubbles shot down the clear tube I used. I did it once more to be sure, but the lever feels much more like it should. Didn't bother with the caliper bleeders, but if it still feels a little funny after a test ride, I'll go after them next.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, behind the fender braces with not a huge amount of working space between the nipples and the inner wheel, the nipples themselves on the inner side of the caliper and inward facing and with the brake line and banjo fittings not making access any easier as well - someone didn't have brake bleeding in mind when designing the Brembo Stylema Monoblock calipers.
I presume the bleed nipple and brake line banjo being seperate makes for better/more efficient bleeding?

·
Registered
203 Posts
First track day under my belt, bike went really well, did my first 3 sessions in track mode with sport throttle map, nice and easy, (3/4 worn S22 tire) then switched to the track throttle map for my last sessions, and it really did give more bottom end drive. I also fitted a 40 tooth rear sprocket as Taupo has a lot of 3 gear corners. Felt great and still managed 245 down the main straight. Great day all-round

·
Registered
392 Posts
So after a long internal battle, I finally removed the passenger pegs. Saved a pound or two in the process and as a replacement, a new R&G bracket. While all the new kids are in 2020 land (which is great to see BTW), I was reminiscing about when I first got The Beast, "back in the day". I perused the folder that KTM supplied and it's definitely great to be part of team orange!

Exhaust Hanger

Family Member

·
Super Moderator
1,122 Posts
Be no Serenity here @Mirage with all this lot starting up at once. 😁😁

Reactions: 2cati and Mirage

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yeah, behind the fender braces with not a huge amount of working space between the nipples and the inner wheel, the nipples themselves on the inner side of the caliper and inward facing and with the brake line and banjo fittings not making access any easier as well - someone didn't have brake bleeding in mind when designing the Brembo Stylema Monoblock calipers.
I presume the bleed nipple and brake line banjo being seperate makes for better/more efficient bleeding?

View attachment 98613
After seeing that pic, I hadda look, but on mine, the bleeders point outward rather than inward. They're right behind the DOT reflectors on the fender braces. I think the GT has M50 calipers rather than Stylemas.

1681 - 1700 of 1738 Posts