KTM Forums banner

1701 - 1720 of 1738 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I recently put on an Arrow decat pipe which is nice and shiny but doesn't match the standard header pipe. So only one thing to do; that is, to polish the header pipe to match! View attachment 98772
looks good, a way fast way to brighten SS is to brush on Muriatic acid used in swimming pools (hydrochloric acid in other countries) ... have a running hose available to flush right after brushing it on a dry, not hot SS pipe.
Wear safety glasses.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bang for the buck.

Of all mods...I put a 40 tooth rear on Friday and rode all day Saturday. Felt great. More usable torque. It will stay on. Recommended.

View attachment 98770
I put a 40 tooth on my 2020 SDR for the last track day i did, the track has lots of 3rd gear corners and the extra two teeth up on the rear helped exit the corners, I've just tried it on the road and its perfect, ill be leaving it on, it makes 3rd gear 70kph corners unreal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put a 40 tooth on my 2020 SDR for the last track day i did, the track has lots of 3rd gear corners and the extra two teeth up on the rear helped exit the corners, I've just tried it on the road and its perfect, ill be leaving it on, it makes 3rd gear 70kph corners unreal.
Absolutely same feeling. Much better and more usable power unless your daily commute is the Autobahn or an eastern Montana interstate.

·
Registered
82 Posts
looks good, a way fast way to brighten SS is to brush on Muriatic acid used in swimming pools (hydrochloric acid in other countries) ... have a running hose available to flush right after brushing it on a dry, not hot SS pipe.
Wear safety glasses.
...AND be very careful not to splash or drip on ally, painted finish, plastics etc!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Where do you find the 40 tooth? Looks like I need one! Thanks!
I got mine off eBay, i initially brought it for my GT, but removed it when i sold the bike. I got a black steel one, there are orange ones available, and also aluminium, but i went for steel for durability. It should last 2 fronts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went eBay route as well. New Supersprox Orange Aluminum Sprocket, 40T, Chain Size 525, RAL-613-40-ORG | eBay
Originally my plan was to do the SuperSprox Stealth bc I run them on my offroad bikes and love them. They have aluminum centers and steel outers/teeth. Kind of best of both worlds. But alas, I could not find one for my SDGT (size). I then just deciding to run the orange aluminum. When it gets worn out, I will reevaluate my options for front, chain and rear.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I went eBay route as well. New Supersprox Orange Aluminum Sprocket, 40T, Chain Size 525, RAL-613-40-ORG | eBay
Originally my plan was to do the SuperSprox Stealth bc I run them on my offroad bikes and love them. They have aluminum centers and steel outers/teeth. Kind of best of both worlds. But alas, I could not find one for my SDGT (size). I then just deciding to run the orange aluminum. When it gets worn out, I will reevaluate my options for front, chain and rear.
The R and GT, due to their single-side swingers don't have room for the aluminum center, so their steel Supersprox consist of only the outer ring. No need for a center carrier.

·
Registered
82 Posts

But no stock of the steel 40T sprockets (USA or here in Uk / Europe.....an email response from Supersprox to me said this is due to covid related supply and manufacturing issues).
You might get lucky and find a reseller somewhere that has one.

I was looking at buying an Esjot sprocket, they seem to have a decent rep (and being manufactured in Germany is often a good sign) but have just bought an orange ally Supersprox as I got a good deal.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That looks so stupidly, unecessarily awesome that I just have to have it. Thanks, I didn't JUST pay over a grand for a maintenance bill for the car and am left skint....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Be sure to set your chain slack appropriately after installing that 40. Took me a few mins to get it right. It will vary for you depending on chain age/stretch.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I'll be interested to hear mileage numbers on the alloy sprockets. If they last as long as a chain or more, that's not too bad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll be interested to hear mileage numbers on the alloy sprockets. If they last as long as a chain or more, that's not too bad.
Won't last as long as steel for sure, but for $58 I am not too concerned about it. With proper chain tension and maintenance I bet I can 10-15k out of it. Good 'nuff :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Be sure to set your chain slack appropriately after installing that 40. Took me a few mins to get it right. It will vary for you depending on chain age/stretch.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but when you replace just 1 sprocket, is it necessary to replace the other as well as the chain?

1701 - 1720 of 1738 Posts