KTM Forums banner

1761 - 1780 of 1813 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dem Pres coupled with Rep senate works quite well - this gridlock stops any stupid moves by either side like raising corp tax. Founding fathers were quite wise. Only unfortunate event is we don't quite get to finish off the Chinese and bring manufacturing jobs back.
Definitely the best scenario and probably the eventual outcome. Nothing much will change due to the continued gridlock and there will undoubtedly be more executive orders like in the last 2 administrations, which are not very democratic.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The only manufacturing jobs we ever did or ever will take back are being done by robots-Chinese robots. They are no cheaper in China than they are here, so we can compete.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
China slapped as much as 100% tariffs on our stuff while we did zero, this made Walmart shoppers happy but hurt the US by forcing companies to open a plant there to compete. China is not on our side and world domination is on their mind. Wouldn't the fairness of the USA as a world wide enforcer be preferable to the known brutal tactics of a communist state?
Actually we created or gained 400,000 manufacturing jobs ... so there was a magic wand found somewhere? We can compete cuz natural gas is two to three times lower than Europe or Japan ... hope the green deal doesn't harm that advantage or bye bye to more manufacturing.

Back to MotoGP this morning.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
This was taken at the famous Rainbow Beach, Queensland. It was 32C. The ferry for Fraser Island leaves from very near here.

Sorry for you Northern Hemispherians who are starting to put the toys away for winter. 😢

·
Registered
73 Posts
This was taken at the famous Rainbox Beach, Queensland. It was 32C. The ferry for Fraser Island leaves from very near here.
View attachment 99768

Sorry for you Northern Hemispherians who are starting to put the toys away for winter. 😢
Yes, winters here are brutale.

Reactions: AusPete

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Ya shoulda left the "Wish it was June or Augusta" line in there. Made me laugh. 😁

Reactions: Rick Danger

·
Registered
199 Posts
This was taken at the famous Rainbow Beach, Queensland. It was 32C. The ferry for Fraser Island leaves from very near here.
View attachment 99768

When I left South Africa in 1983 I had a choice of Australia or Canada. I chose Canada... This picture reinforces the error of my choice yet again(along with every time our idiot boy Prime Minister Justin shows his face). My SDGT has been under covers for a full month already and at least 4 more months to go before I can take it out and ride it again. Sigh:cry:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Amazing country over (down) there, Any Hobbit sightings? Oliphaunts?

1761 - 1780 of 1813 Posts