KTM Forums banner

1821 - 1840 of 1845 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Arrow de-cat and SC Project SCR1 slip on, sounds awesome!!
View attachment 100465
Hello, I'm new here and I'm joining KTM lovers in a few days as I have ordered my white GT 2020 and I'm waiting for it, hopefully for end of next week.

I'm thinking to put a decat and put an Austin Racing for slip on (maybe also adding K&N) but I heard we need to rebuild the map (or put the akra one, but still not compatible with GT?)

Thanks if you have some advice on this.

Néo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello, I'm new here and I'm joining KTM lovers in a few days as I have ordered my white GT 2020 and I'm waiting for it, hopefully for end of next week.

I'm thinking to put a decat and put an Austin Racing for slip on (maybe also adding K&N) but I heard we need to rebuild the map (or put the akra one, but still not compatible with GT?)

Thanks if you have some advice on this.

Néo
Welcome Neo,
I am no expert but I did sleep at a Holiday in Express ;-) Really , I just had my 620 mile first service and I ask this similar question to the very experienced tech that worked on my bike. He said with the decat and a slipon the ECU will adapt the AFR . He also said these bikes are so technologically advance that even a change in extreme altitude the ECU will adapt. I have no plans for the breather box mod , so he said no need for remapping with what I'm doing.

Reactions: Neoktm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys !
Here it is, I went last Friday to Paris to pick up my brand new bike ! GT white with the cases and the heat seats (unfortunately mine was unavailable, for now I have only the one for my wife!)
I also took the track pack
I definitely want to finish my 1000kms to unleashed the beast
😍
Take care !
20210212_145305.jpg
20210212_145314.jpg
20210212_145321.jpg
20210212_145331.jpg
20210212_145343.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
IMG_5277-horz.jpg

Outside today on the left.... The girls waiting it out in their underground bunker.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Couldn't pass up a deal on some swingarm protection and since these parts are R&G, they double as spools. Of course, that meant getting a new rear stand as the KTM version (which we probably all have) won't work. While I was at it, I got a new front fork stand as well since the kit was actually cheaper than buying the stands separately. These stands are similar to the popular Venom stands, albeit these are the no-frills version. The only critique I have is that the thickness of the tubing is not on par with KTM's or more name brand versions. That said, they work as designed, won't break the bank and are definitely a good investment.

Up-Up and Away

Stand Comparison

·
Registered
2014 1290 SDR
10 Posts
My Pig! 2014 1290 SDR. Will be posting it up 4 sale here soon. Although will be selling the Austin Racing Titanium/Carbon Pipe & Akrapovic Dry Carbon Front Fender separately if anyone here has any interest, shoot me a DM. paul
20210203_194410.jpg

20210203_193727.jpg

20210203_193509.jpg

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The clamps are Fleabay Chinese steering damper mount clamps.

I had to open up the holes in the black brackets that came with the lights and buy a couple of metric socket-head screws and nylock nuts at the local hardware.

1821 - 1840 of 1845 Posts