KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1921 - 1940 of 1991 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
The cat is most certainly still on there. While it does most of the muffling, without an actual muffler on top of that the noise level and the type of noise is still considered unpleasant and probably measurably illegal.

Having said that, opening up the rear wheel and the beautiful single sided swingarm is awesome. There are better ways of doing it that don't attract ire though :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not surprised, no muffler
It got stolen off the bike last summer, it sounds the same with or without it. No got pulled over becouse to put plates on the bike is almost $300/month + insurance or I can have temporary permits with are only $50 for 8 days. The problem is when cops drive by and auto scans your plate it comes back as unregistered so they need to see the permit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The cat is most certainly still on there. While it does most of the muffling, without an actual muffler on top of that the noise level and the type of noise is still considered unpleasant and probably measurably illegal.

Having said that, opening up the rear wheel and the beautiful single sided swingarm is awesome. There are better ways of doing it that don't attract ire though :ROFLMAO:
It's still the quietest bike on my block the straight piped gsxr down the street is leaps and bounds louder and it's actually still under the legal decibel here. I'll be getting a new one soon there's a guy across the country that's giving me his factory pipe when his akra comes in.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It got stolen off the bike last summer, it sounds the same with or without it. No got pulled over becouse to put plates on the bike is almost $300/month + insurance or I can have temporary permits with are only $50 for 8 days. The problem is when cops drive by and auto scans your plate it comes back as unregistered so they need to see the permit.
$300 a month??, jeeeezus, that gets us nearly a years registration. **** i have 3 bikes to register.

·
Registered
69 Posts
$300 a month??, jeeeezus, that gets us nearly a years registration. **** i have 3 bikes to register.
Yeah it's brutal that's why I ended up with the sdr over the rc8, it's classed as a supersport and it's even more my sdr was a dual purpose but they've recently re-evaluated it as a cruiser.

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,867 Posts
Went for an early morning ride - kept the speed down as there are a lot of police out patrolling and handing out speeding tickets. Absolutely love the instant low end torque (engine is bone stock exempt for Rottweiler dongles and Akrapovic slip on) of this engine and really enjoying my Gen 2 in comfort suspension.

Sunrise on Lake Ontario...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Dammit, I am so envious of these beautiful landscapes. Holland is just about the most boring country to ride. Whole place is flat. I wanna see mountains and lakes!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Menso~ I have to believe there are good rides to ride with beautiful scenery in the Netherlands. If not, how about planning a trip to neighboring countries like Germany or Belgium? If still nothing, here's a little more incentive for you to come and visit the good ol' USA; my "long way" to get a snack... :D

For Purple Mountain Majesties

1921 - 1940 of 1991 Posts