KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1941 - 1960 of 1974 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I go on a yearly trip from Texas alternating between the Rockies and the Smokies. I usually go by the Blue Mesa Reservoir when in Colorado while transitioning between Pagosa Springs in the SW up to Silverthorne just west of Denver (great route). It's especially beautiful when the water level is high like in your picture--I've been there during droughts when it has dropped significantly.
Here ya go. Blue Mesa

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I will be back in that area, although more northwesterly, in late August. Colorado is my favorite place to ride. The tough part is ignoring the scenery for your own personal safety!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I will be back in that area, although more northwesterly, in late August. Colorado is my favorite place to ride. The tough part is ignoring the scenery for your own personal safety!
Colorado does have some great mountain roads where you can really get distracted by the scenery! I'm going up to South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho the 2 weeks after Labor Day to do some of my bucket list roads like Needles Highway near Mt. Rushmore, Beartooth Scenic Byway on the Wyoming/Montana border, and Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park. I had to cancel this trip last year due to Covid and made the mistake of watching the weather every day--it was perfect! Hope it's as good this year. I'll be going through Colorado on the way home and planning a day ride through Rocky Mountain National Park that I've done a number of times before.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Colorado does have some great mountain roads where you can really get distracted by the scenery! I'm going up to South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho the 2 weeks after Labor Day to do some of my bucket list roads like Needles Highway near Mt. Rushmore, Beartooth Scenic Byway on the Wyoming/Montana border, and Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park. I had to cancel this trip last year due to Covid and made the mistake of watching the weather every day--it was perfect! Hope it's as good this year. I'll be going through Colorado on the way home and planning a day ride through Rocky Mountain National Park that I've done a number of times before.
I've ridden those 4 and they're all worth riding again and again.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
All with Angel GT's it looks like too ... well done @Prospected!
And let's not overlook that this is a SDGT, in the proper hands a bike as capable as the R in my mind.

·
Registered
105 Posts
All with Angel GT's it looks like too ... well done @Prospected!
And let's not overlook that this is a SDGT, in the proper hands a bike as capable as the R in my mind.
Using the Pirelli RC2's with a 200/55 rear, although next go around I'm gonna try a 60 since I ran out of tire in the bowl corners. Rear set clearance is not an issue.

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R 3.0
31 Posts
got finally the rear tank panel :love:

someone here who is good with photoshop? want to see a white tank and rear subframe 😅

1941 - 1960 of 1974 Posts