KTM Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi SD \ SDR \ GT enthusiasts

If you find a good how-to thread in the sd database, post a link here with a description
Then we can find it again.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
FUEL TANK REMOVAL GUIDE FOR 1290 SDGT (not SDR)

It was written by a customer for BoosterPlug.com, but is a very very good procedure (y) c/w pictures!

Attachments

·
Full Throttle
6,180 Posts
Exhaust and remaping thread

·
Full Throttle
6,180 Posts
Modifying air box thread SD\SDR

·
Full Throttle
6,180 Posts
SD990 vs SDR 990 thread about specs and modifying

·
Full Throttle
6,180 Posts
Discussion about hand held editors and inline modules
bren, openflash, evo, powercommander

·
Registered
78 Posts
Make cardboard hardware holders and mark where every screw came from . KTM hardware is mainly specialty stuff and has special places .Like the screws that hold the tank side covers Two have special washers that the plastic cowl hooks under . They won't interchange when reinstalling. Don't add extra confusion. Mark it like someone else would understand. Sharpie and cardboard.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
SERVICE WARNING RESET FOR 2019 SDGT/R

I stumbled onto this in a 'First Service' thread and thought it might be better listed here......

Originally posted by @andyandtherman

#14 1 h ago
Thumper1500 said:
Hey Andy, how did you reset the Service warning on your 2019? I just started getting the warning message and need to reset it as I just did my oil change. I'm searching the forum and what the older bikes did doesn't work on the '19 GT.
Hi,

This is what I did just a few days ago on my 19 R and it worked perfectly.

Turn on ignition.
Press "kill" switch.
Press "set" twice to get to menus.
Scroll to "settings" menu.
Press "up" and "down" buttons simultaneously until screen shows service interval information.
Press "set" to reset miles to 6,000 (next service date will automatically be extended 12 months).
Press & hold "set" until "settings" menu reappears.
Turn off "kill" switch.
Turn off ignition.

Show Full Signature
2019 KTM SD-R, 2017 Aprilia RSV4RF, 2009 Suzuki DR650/790, 2017 KTM 1090 Adventure R

SaveShare
Reply Quote

T
Thumper1500
Registered

Joined 12 mo ago
149 Posts
#15 1 h ago
Confirmed - this works on the '19 GT. I was able to set the miles to 3600 (it goes in increments of 300) and the months to 12. You can set the months to anything you like (up to 12 months I believe). Thanks Andy!

Show Full Signature
Current rides

·
Registered
2017 Super Duke 1290R
3 Posts
2017 Super Duke 1290R Airfilter Replacement - I don't think there are many how to's on this for the SDR.

-YouTube Video Link

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts