KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Unless they come out with an SA with a 17" front wheel, this is just the word of one moto-scribbler. I can't believe the R would be the only full-hp, light flywheel model. If so, I guess mine will gain value in rarity.

Everyone who asks dealers about matters such as this just gets a shrug. Maybe Troy Siahaan has some sort of inside scoop. If I see him at Barber in a couple weeks, I'll ask him. He said the e-suspension was the biggest difference. I guess he meant among SA models. 4 lbs of flywheel weight and 20+ bhp ain't nothin to sneeze at.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I see some folks on here with 2021-2022 GTs but in Canada, the last model year sold here was a 2020. Going on KTM MSRP prices, the SDGT was the most expensive bike here in Canada that KTM was selling (it came with the side cases).

Were there any 2021 or 2022GTs sold in the US?

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a blurb on KTM testing the SA with a 17” wheel - even they are speculating a possible end to the “practical Superduke”. Again just another data point. I’m now curious about the model lineup for 2023…

“….The elephant in the room though is – why? The Pikes Peak makes sense for Ducati as they don’t have any other top-end sports tourers but KTM already have the Super Duke GT. So does this spell the end for the practical Duke?”

·
Registered
05 Duc 999R, 21 KTM Adventure R, 2020 Super Duke GT
219 Posts
I read the first article with a different understanding. The reference to discontinue SDGT is true in the US, but not in other countries.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The SD GT hasn't been sold in the US and some other markets since 2020. I'm not sure it was sold in any market in 2022. Does anyone have a 2022 SD GT?

The versions sold in 2020-2021 did not get the updated frame or engine from the SDR, so is the "old" model. I'm not sure if that is Euro 5.

In addition to spy photos of a SA S with 17" front wheel, there have also been photos of what looks like the current generation SDR frame and engine with the GT treatment. I strongly suspect that KTM will not come out with both bikes. My guess is that they have been trying to figure out how to best compete in the sporty end of the sport-touring segment and have been considering both options. Personally, I'd go for the SDR engine in the SA chassis with a 17" front wheel and 190 or larger rear wheel. I'm not tall, but even at 6'/1.83m I appreciate the extra legroom afforded by a taller bike.

That being said, if they came out with a new SD GT instead of a 17" SA, I would still be very interested.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok sounds like the last model year in Canada and US was 2020. There are 2022 GT models sold elsewhere in the world as I’ve seen photos of the updated GT Sdr wheels, updated switch gear, a 7”tft from a 6.5”, and updated apex semi active suspension…

Im sure someone on this forum will pipe up with their 2022 GT.

·
Registered
'16 SDGT, et al
835 Posts
Discontinued or not, they're certainly rare, at least around middle TN. I have heard of folks who own one, but I have never actually seen an SDGT other than mine, which I bought 5 years ago. I ride 10,000 or so miles per year, almost all in middle to east TN, and have never laid eyes on another. But then, that can probably also be said of KTMs of any sort. Such a small market share they'd be considered a fringe bike by most folks...at least in these parts.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discontinued or not, they're certainly rare, at least around middle TN. I have heard of folks who own one, but I have never actually seen an SDGT other than mine, which I bought 5 years ago. I ride 10,000 or so miles per year, almost all in middle to east TN, and have never laid eyes on another. But then, that can probably also be said of KTMs of any sort. Such a small market share they'd be considered a fringe bike by most folks...at least in these parts.
But that is also what makes owning one such a hoot! Here in Colorado, the bike might as well be a unicorn, as you never see either one, but I get complements about the bike everywhere I go. :cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello All, it has been a minute since I was here and I hope all is well. My dealer (and a couple other dealers as reported from other guys) has confirmed that the 2023 Super Duke GT is on the dealer order sheet. My dealer suggested it is a carry over of the 2022 with the new TFT and switch gear. Someone else indicated that their deal said it was an all new model. I am probably leaning towards the continuation of the 2022 because some have considered the 2022 as a Gen 3 (I think it is a Gen 2.5 at best) regardless, it will be nice to see a new GT, next generation or not.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can confirm there will be a '23 SDGT. I've seen the release info the dealers have. It's the same as the '22 overseas, so larger TFT, updated switchgear, etc.
There is an info embargo until the middle of Nov so all will be revealed then.
Interesting- thanks for posting - I was hoping the 2023 model would have been based on the Gen 3 …well, I’ll give it a test ride ….

1 - 20 of 42 Posts