KTM Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Stopped in at my dealer and they were only allocated one GT - they ordered it but no details until Nov 15th as Danman said. Interestingly they said it’s to be in their showroom Dec 15th…they did said KTM deliveries are all over the place.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Stopped in at my dealer and they were only allocated one GT - they ordered it but no details until Nov 15th as Danman said. Interestingly they said it’s to be in their showroom Dec 15th…they did said KTM deliveries are all over the place.
A little different tune from my local dealer. They didn't get an allocation for the GT but requested one. Sales guys says they'll get one in December/January. The pricing seems a little strange though. The EVO is more expensive than the GT by around $500/$600. It also sounds like the new GT is slightly less expensive than the out going one. Makes me wonder how much of the EVO spec is trickling over to the GT.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well the GT they are going to get I suspect is very similar to the current euro spec 2022 which is the gen 2 frame and motor ( doesn’t have panel trans, lighter casings..etc) with larger tft, gen3 switch gear and wheels…the mystery is the forks and rear shock. The GT was the most expensive in the KTM lineup however I guess given it’s not the latest hardware and they don’t sell many ….perhaps they are depriving them. Lots of new EVOs around here for sale ….zero new GTs.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
A little different tune from my local dealer. They didn't get an allocation for the GT but requested one. Sales guys says they'll get one in December/January. The pricing seems a little strange though. The EVO is more expensive than the GT by around $500/$600. It also sounds like the new GT is slightly less expensive than the out going one. Makes me wonder how much of the EVO spec is trickling over to the GT.
Prob none, esp. if you're talking frame/chassis.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I don’t know about that….I’m just going to say that I believe the EVO took the WP APEX semi active forks from the current updated GT 😆…so all you EVO owners have a bit of GT in your bike. Lol.

Now on the EVO…

·
Registered
626 Posts
I concur. I'd be much more interested in an all new model. I'd probably be even more interested in a totally road focused SA with a 17" front wheel and 190 rear tire.
Like this ?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
The US site has been updated to show 2023 models for all of the off-road bikes and a smattering of street bikes.
No 2023 bikes are shown under "Naked Bikes" and only a couple under "Travel".

Hopefully they start releasing details over the next few days.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is no GT listed in the USA and they still show the 2022 models for the SA line. I am really hoping for a new GT or a 17" front/190 (or 200) rear wheel option for the SA. It's looking more and more like neither will happen for 2023.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did not scroll down far enough. Interestingly it still lists the SAS and SAR as 2022 only.

With no announcement associated with the 2023 GT, I have to assume it's the same warmed over gen 2 the rest of the world got the past couple of years. I should have clarified that what I wanted to see was a new 2023 based upon the current gen R frame and engine. That appears to be not forthcoming.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I did not scroll down far enough. Interestingly it still lists the SAS and SAR as 2022 only.

With no announcement associated with the 2023 GT, I have to assume it's the same warmed over gen 2 the rest of the world got the past couple of years. I should have clarified that what I wanted to see was a new 2023 based upon the current gen R frame and engine. That appears to be not forthcoming.
The 2023 GT is there and you are correct it’s not based off of the new R frame etc. I just did the paper work on a Duke 200 and it’s no longer listed. I wonder why?

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It’s on my top 2 list ….the advantage for me is there is a lot of the mods I’ve done that are transferable - handle bar risers, custom switch gear for lights heater gear/garage opener, crash bars , aux lights, hexezcan, night designs lower foot pegs, akra slip on…i would use my Hepco panniers day to day but the oem ones for long excursions…I need to rest ride one to see if it’s as comfortable as my SDR suspension in comfort compared to the SDGT in comfort over our rough Canadian roads up north…

If it’s close or better, then yes. Otherwise the SAS is on my list - curious to see if there will be a variant with a 17” front and a motor tuned like the GT.

my priorities are the 23l fuel tank which they both have …then suspension on rough roads …then wind protection…the SAS would be for my needs Superior for the latter 2.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
It’s on my top 2 list ….the advantage for me is there is a lot of the mods I’ve done that are transferable - handle bar risers, custom switch gear for lights heater gear/garage opener, crash bars , aux lights, hexezcan, night designs lower foot pegs, akra slip on…i would use my Hepco panniers day to day but the oem ones for long excursions…I need to rest ride one to see if it’s as comfortable as my SDR suspension in comfort compared to the SDGT in comfort over our rough Canadian roads up north…

If it’s close or better, then yes. Otherwise the SAS is on my list - curious to see if there will be a variant with a 17” front and a motor tuned like the GT.

my priorities are the 23l fuel tank which they both have …then suspension on rough roads …then wind protection…the SAS would be for my needs Superior for the latter 2.
You may get the wheel but I doubt you'll get the motor.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts