KTM Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discontinued or not, they're certainly rare, at least around middle TN. I have heard of folks who own one, but I have never actually seen an SDGT other than mine, which I bought 5 years ago. I ride 10,000 or so miles per year, almost all in middle to east TN, and have never laid eyes on
another. But then, that can probably also be said of KTMs of any sort. Such a small market share they'd be considered a fringe bike by most folks...at least in these parts.
I was down your way TOTD last year on my SDGT.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
……near the end of the article, it’s mentioned the SDGT is discontinued…is this true?

No.......I just received a newsletter from KTM and the 1290 SDGT is coming in 2023.......but it looks the same as the existing chassis except for the 5 spoke wheels and the emissions update. No new frame like on the SDR........although, I saw a U tube from MotoBob had some sort of prototype with the SDR's rear subframe and new shaped front fairing headlight, but it's a bit confusing...... I suspect all the 2023 proclamations are just marketing the same old gen 2 with the evo 5 spoke wheels.

So the SDGT lives! Just not sure if it has radar CC or new body & frame etc etc........

(y)

Reactions: frqflyr
41 - 42 of 42 Posts