KTM Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 SDGT. 7,845 miles at purchase May 11, 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '16 SDGT saddle bags/panniers are open at the forward-most part where the clam shells should meet. When riding in the rain, both bags accumulate water, and dirt. Packing in clear plastic bags has been my choice so far, but gosh what a mess when the saddle bag is opened!

Has anyone encountered, or does anyone have a means for closing the bags for a water tight (doesn't even have to be water proof) seal? TYIA

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have the same gap and I dislike it but haven't thought about in years. However, mine don't leak. They're always been tight and dry. I do have a 16' like you with 21,000 miles on it and ride it year round so perhaps GT bags don't stay leak free for more than 5 years? Isn't there an o-ring in there! Is the o-ring damaged?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Issues was addressed by manufacture. Design of KTM GT saddle bags were changed. There is now a closing mechanism in the forward-most part of the clam shell. Do not believe it was a recall. Best,

Doc :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Issues was addressed by manufacture. Design of KTM GT saddle bags were changed. There is now a closing mechanism in the forward-most part of the clam shell. Do not believe it was a recall. Best,

When was this? Because I have the 2019 saddles and there is still a gap in the front :rolleyes:

·
Registered
415 Posts
When was this? Because I have the 2019 saddles and there is still a gap in the front :rolleyes:
I have no idea. My 2017 has the two clip saddlebags. Consider contacting a KTM dealer to answer your questions. This is what the KTM GT saddlebags look like now. Best,

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have no idea. My 2017 has the two clip saddlebags. Consider contacting a KTM dealer to answer your questions. This is what the KTM GT saddlebags look like now. Best,

Damn. Ya I don't have that. I need to check that out. Thank you for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts