KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The dude skipped. How far should you chase someone over $5? PP deleted his account and banned him over a fiver. I've used PP for about 18 years now. No other issues.

Revzilla, on the other hand, sent me the wrong thing, so I returned it, along with photos of the right thing, so there would be no confusion. Lot's of "hey, bro, we'll take care of ya, blah, blah so sorry we'll get the right one out ASAP!" They promptly sent me back the same exact opened package containing the wrong thing I had returned, which I had to return again to get a credit back on my plastic. Probably cost me $20 running back and forth to the UPS store to make the returns. I've looked, and I don't think they sell anything I can't get elsewhere for comparable $. They are owned (along with some other motorcycle supply-related outfits) by the same company that owns Cycle Gear, so I could probably get anything they stock from one of the other companies they're in the same basket with. Or not. Just a comparative experience in differing levels of professionalism.

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well ok then.
I purchased probably at least a dozen things a year for at least a decade from RevZilla, my experiences have all been very good, sorry you had one bad thing go wrong. PayPal still BLOWS and I'm not ever dealing with those asshats ever again, and it was more than once and more than 5 bucks.....I see no reason for them to exist, just another 3rd party looking to sponge money and not willing to take responsible action when they deal with slime vendors. So please drop it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes. I still haven't decided which would be the best top case for my SDGT.
Ok here is my set up with/for my wife:

Hepco & Becker Alurack Rear Rack with Hepco & Becker Backrest Pad on the Journey 42 Top Case. The best rack and top case I've owned. I also use Glad Sport Belt for the twisties. This setup rocks so far all the way around. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SDGT
15 Posts
I got the SW rack in a week. Put it on yesterday. Looks great. I’ll mount the rack that holds the top case Saturday. Little by little, I’ll get there!!

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I got the SW rack in a week. Put it on yesterday. Looks great. I’ll mount the rack that holds the top case Saturday. Little by little, I’ll get there!!
Mine should come early next week, on the same plan.....piece by piece.

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well, got my rack yesterday and installed it today. It literally took me longer to unpackage it from all the bubble wrap than it did to install it.
So just a few notes about the SW-Motech street rack.
The rack top panel is a sturdy 5mm thick aluminum plate.
The two brackets that bolt the the bikes subframe is a very heavy-duty steel of nearly 8mm(.310") and the two brackets that attach the top plate the the mount brackets are also heavy-duty steel of about 4mm (.165") thickness.
The instructions were clear and sufficiently detailed, so even the least mechanically inclined should be able to insall. Very sturdy unit and all I have to do is pick out a mount plate and case....going to put them on my x-mass wish list.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Finally got it all together
SW-Motech street rack, SW-Motech tool-less adapter plate and a Shad SH39 with white panel. Very pleased.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the SW Motech Street Rack for the 2019 SDGT. It accommodates different attachment plates which in turn are compatible with a small number of top cases. I went with the SW Motech Trax 38 liter case. So far I have basically used it to buy beer. I am not wowed by the stock KTM side cases. I find the geometry to be aggravating and the clamshell arrangement to be inconvenient. I really hate the locking mechanism. I'm using all this luggage for the first time this weekend to camp out for a couple of track days near Syracuse, NY. Here's the setup:

Stock panniers with SW Motech Street Rack. That's an Evotech tail tidy for purposes of perspective:

View attachment 97395

With the 38L SW Motech top case fitted with a pillion backrest:

View attachment 97396

View attachment 97397

My backpack has Molle attachments, so I've used straps from my Kriege bags to latch it to the pillion seat.

View attachment 97398
I like the look of that top-box. It's got that rugged but practical look about it.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts