KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the feel on my SDR with the comfort settings however always felt a little stretched forward with the handle bars. I found some in expensive billet risers on amazon and just installed them. They fit the bill perfectly - clean - I didn’t want adjustability - just a little higher and further back with out clearance issues.

The SDR wasn’t listed as a fit - the GT as well as many other KTMs but I can confirm they fit - I still need to confirm there are no issues with the cables or hydraulic lines.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found these on the Canadian amazon site and I think paid $30 or so. price went up slightly.

They were around $20 USD on the US sore but given the borders are closed, I wouldn’t have been able to pick it up at the depot over the border. Still a great deal for the billet riser with 4 stainless cap screws.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I can say this is likely my “biggest bang for the buck” modifications. Absolutely love the fit and feel of the bars. I felt I just needed the bars back a little and slightly higher. Went for a 80km ride and immediately I felt more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi there,

how did you get on with all the control cables etc. no tight cables ?

ride safe
Thanks for the reminder.! All the cables were fine though I did give them a little tug (pulling through handle bar (and rocking it slightly) to get some slack so the bars would mount in the new location. There are no clearance issues with the cables or the clutch hydraulic hose - lock to lock. The harness that plugs into the TFT dash Has lots of length to reach the dash. No issues with the controls hitting the tank.

That said, The one area that is a little tight is the brake hydraulic hose only at full lock ( turned left). It’s snug against the top triple clamp. Only time at lock is when I’m maneuvering my bike in the garage to tuck it out of the way. I’ll keep an eye on it. There may be a way to get a little relief by slightly cracking the banjo on the abs or brake master master to better align the hose but I’m to chicken as it may require bleeding if air gets in.

I’ll post a picture later today.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same on my GT. Very good.

The 2020 R is even further forward than the 19...
I noticed the clearance a little tight (For the brake hydraulic hose) on my SDR at left full lock -is it tight on your GT as well?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I noticed the clearance a little tight (For the brake hydraulic hose) on my SDR at left full lock -is it tight on your GT as well?
I had very tight clearance with one side barely touching on the plastic pop off panel on the tank. I adjusted the lock by backing out the two adjuster bolts located near the lower triple clamp.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a picture showing the brake hose at full left lock (looking upward) - I may adjust the lock a little.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had very tight clearance with one side barely touching on the plastic pop off panel on the tank. I adjusted the lock by backing out the two adjuster bolts located near the lower triple clamp.
Thank you. When you say clearance issues - do you mean between the controls? I didn’t didn’t have any on my SDR - do you have a GT?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

thanks for the quick reply, one last thing, there are 2 settings for the handle bar as standard, do you have your handle bars in the forward fixing hole or the hole nearest the petrol tank ?

Mine handle bars are in the fixing hole nearest the petrol tank.

Ride safe

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi there,

thanks for the quick reply, one last thing, there are 2 settings for the handle bar as standard, do you have your handle bars in the forward fixing hole or the hole nearest the petrol tank ?

Mine handle bars are in the fixing hole nearest the petrol tank.

Ride safe
With pleasure - mine are on the same a
- the one closer to the fuel tank.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thank you. When you say clearance issues - do you mean between the controls? I didn’t didn’t have any on my SDR - do you have a GT?
Yes a 2019 SDGT. the back of the riser just barely touched that plastic pop off panel till I adjusted the stops.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I am 6'5" and 195 lbs. I not only have the handlebar risers, I also have mirror extensions. When using the cruise control, I actually put my feet on the highway pegs, and wrap my fore fingers around the mirror stocks, and I can sit up perfectly straight.
SDGT Mirror Extensions.JPG

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I ordered a set from Amazon
Since the stock mirrors do not have a lock nut, you will need to completely tighten the mirror to the extension, then adjust the extension to point the mirror in the desired direction. In addition, I used some LockTite!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts