KTM Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever installed a delkevic slip on onto a SGDT. their website doesnt specify if they are for the R or GT, and I'm curious as to how they sound. There arent too many sound clips online for them, and I refuse to pay akrapovic over a grand for a slip on.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Has anyone ever installed a delkevic slip on onto a SGDT. their website doesnt specify if they are for the R or GT, and I'm curious as to how they sound. There arent too many sound clips online for them, and I refuse to pay akrapovic over a grand for a slip on.
I've known riders to use Delkevic slip-ons and were perfectly happy with the quality and sound. They tend to be sort of generic and not sure what the clamp system is, but any slip-on that fits the R should work on a GT. Headers and catbox (or midpipe) are slightly different, stock mufflers the same (not counting 2020 R, which is a whole different animal.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Got a reply back from Delkevic. Apparently none of their slip-ons are any quieter than the stock muffler.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yoshimura does not list a version for the GT on their site - R only.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I think only the header and catbox (or decat pipe) are different. Muffler is the same, as far as I can see, up until the 2020 model SDR.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Angle if the incoming pipe is different, but mufflers still look the same to me. The GT peg/bag hanger bracket appears to be longer.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Only thing I can see that I don't like about the Delkevics is, their cans are generic, so a short pipe with the flare that fits KTM outlet/inlets is a separate piece that comes with it's own clamp. Guess that's one way to keep costs down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts