KTM Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

The stock horn is too weak.
I have two Fiam air horns, and I tried to asseble it but the bolt is too short so I can't close the nut on the other side.
I can put a bracket but than I have to extend the wires of the power.

Any link to a nice small, but loud, horn replacement for the 690 ?

Also, is it only me, or the original wire is too close to the exhaust ?
(picture bellow)

Thanks
Omatza

IMG-20200801-WA0014.jpg

·
Super Moderator
691 Posts
I went with the Denali Soundbomb it was substantially bigger than the stock one on my 690 and was able to mount it under the front against the rad.

Would highly recommend for the price and install. Sounds like it's got a car horn now

·
Super Moderator
691 Posts
I went with the Denali Soundbomb it was substantially bigger than the stock one on my 690 and was able to mount it under the front against the rad.

Would highly recommend for the price and install. Sounds like it's goa car horn now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Would highly recommend for the price and install. Sounds like it's goa car horn now
Thanks

If I understand correctly, you didn't install it, plug and play, instead of the original one.
I understand that you had to come up with some bracket or something.
Am I right ?
Do you have a picture of it on the bike ?

(I heard about people who took simple old cars horn and used it, which the best option for me, as long as I know which model of car to look for)

·
Super Moderator
691 Posts
Thanks

If I understand correctly, you didn't install it, plug and play, instead of the original one.
I understand that you had to come up with some bracket or something.
Am I right ?
Do you have a picture of it on the bike ?

(I heard about people who took simple old cars horn and used it, which the best option for me, as long as I know which model of car to look for)
No - it is installed on the bike and works great! I look through my phone but only had pics of the box before I did the install. When I get home from work I'll take pictures for you of it on the bike. I'm on a Duke 690 so not sure what will be different to the SM 690.

It came with brackets long enough to mount under the front against the radiator but had to undo the wiring harness and route it different to fit - was very tight.

For the price ($80 CAN) I would highly recommend it as was completely plug and play with no modifications. Purchased on ebay from the UK if i remember correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts