KTM Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Duke 890 GP | Coober LM | Spark Dual Exhaust | HtperPro Steering Damper | Corbin Custom Seat
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my bike into the dealer to have them install a new rear shock and to replace my TFT (cracks - warranty). They did a software update and immediately threw "ABS and MTC Failure" code. They blamed it on my Mustard Bike tail tidy taillight being LED. I told them I'm pretty sure the stock one is LED. What gives?? Is LED is LED, yes? They said they will be reaching out to KTM for advice. All turn signals are stock. AND, I've had this tail tidy on for months with no code issues at all.

·
The Sanitized Comic
1,483 Posts
Well they might have a point, if nothing else it's a good place to start. As a mechanic tho wouldn't you unplug the suspected item and try a reload?

·
Registered
2022 Duke 890 GP | Coober LM | Spark Dual Exhaust | HtperPro Steering Damper | Corbin Custom Seat
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good point. Disconnecting and reload should confirm suspicion, I would think. I think I can reinstall the stock taillight with some fenagling. Or if they can just reload the previous version of the software.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have found with my ktm dealer thar for my sdgt and 790 I must research everything, explain what's available world wide then they explain what DOT will not allow them to change. It's also a really good idea anytime they are to work on bike electronics or software to request a print out of all settings before any work or changes are made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts