KTM Forums banner
481 - 500 of 528 Posts

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
Well, pics will be good. Let us know how it goes.
I will be back here in Bundy swearing under my breath.

Let us know if you have any plans for Sunday morning June 24th.
I am confirmed for coming down to swim Saturday and @AusPete and I are going to meet up somewhere around your neck of the woods Sunday morning and commute back up to Gympie via the twisties.
Might see if ol @scrub runner has settled in and recovered by then as well.
You need to hear his monster now. He has done a fair bit of work to it. De-cat, full rottie set up and p/commander. It's angry now!!

· Registered
388 Posts
Sounds good DW :) anytime youre about I'll grab one of the bikes and come for a scoot :grin2:

I'll prob shorten sundays ride to MT Mee, woodford, bellthorpe, down stanley river rd back to woodforde as a year of no riding im going to be tired pretty quick i think.

Just a heads up for AusPete is all in case he was wanting a longer ride....then again I'll prob end up riding all day as I wont want to stop..guess we will find out :)

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Sounds good DW :) anytime youre about I'll grab one of the bikes and come for a scoot :grin2:

I'll prob shorten sundays ride to MT Mee, woodford, bellthorpe, down stanley river rd back to woodforde as a year of no riding im going to be tired pretty quick i think.

Just a heads up for AusPete is all in case he was wanting a longer ride....then again I'll prob end up riding all day as I wont want to stop..guess we will find out :)
I'm sure you'll be right mate. Just get back on the horse.
It's easy to end up going a lot further than planned with @AusPete
A normal days ride for him is up above the 700 klicks.
He does have more of an advantage than us though with his lounge chair compfy gt and it's cruise control, traction control, electronic suspension, enough fuel to fill both our bikes...bla bla ect ect.
I am sure he won't mind anyways. A ride is a ride.

· Liquid Amber Power Ranger
1,388 Posts

All good Andy - lets how the cards fall on the day. I think I can entertain myself if you bail early ... plenty of GT roads around here. Haven't been to Bellthorpe yet, but it looks very 390 / 690 country. :smile2:

1,388 Posts
Yeah Belthorpe is pretty tight, but its super fun...i almost hate missing stanley river road though when we do belthorpe :(

and fark me 8am it was cccold today lol
Could always turn right at the top, go down Stanley River road and do it again!!
Cold at 0800?? You must be trying to wind me up right"? It was 12 degrees lol!!! Almost cold enough to wear a flanny shirt under the jacket. I can't find my winter gloves so I'll turn on the heated grips .... if I have to. Reckon we will survive. >:)

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
Could always turn right at the top, go down Stanley River road and do it again!!
Cold at 0800?? You must be trying to wind me up right"? It was 12 degrees lol!!! Almost cold enough to wear a flanny shirt under the jacket. I can't find my winter gloves so I'll turn on the heated grips .... if I have to. Reckon we will survive. >:)
Bloody southerners......
You will climatise Pete, you just wait!!!:grin2:

Have a great day tomorrow blokes.
I am not jealous............

· Registered
388 Posts
Well I was cold riding today at midday lol so i think ill even drag out the one pce for tmrw as i cant find my leather jacket, god only knows where it is. A summer mesh jacket was not a good option today at midday let alone 8am :surprise:

And Ill have to fit into the one piece first lol ill prob just wear the summer jacket and shiver :)

· Registered
388 Posts
Had a blast with Pete on the KTM's!

Did a run around Kenilworth and Obi Obi and back home thru landsborough so had an awesome first ride back. Back tyre is totally shagged so nothing has changed :grin2:

Thanks for the ride Pete and we will def do it again!

1,388 Posts
Had a blast with Pete on the KTM's!

Did a run around Kenilworth and Obi Obi and back home thru landsborough so had an awesome first ride back. Back tyre is totally shagged so nothing has changed :grin2:

Thanks for the ride Pete and we will def do it again!
Not a problem Andy - happy to go round again.

Maybe line up @DW for a bit of northbound southern action on Sunday 24th. I could do same as today - meet down your way a bit and lead him astray till he gets closer to home. >:)

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 · (Edited)
I am liking the sound of this.
Unless there is torrential rain or I am crook I am 100% heading down that way 23rd/24th.
Just have to organise a meet point. Maybe do that via text or pm.
Can't remember where we met last time, (somewhere in petrie I think?) I just followed that mad 1290 b-stard as he new where he was goin. Have to see if our ol mate @scrub runner wants to bring the fire breathing super dragon out.
Even maybe @Sideshow and his stunning rc8. Haven't seen him for a while.
Might get you @690arrr to jump on the little sd and show me what I'm doin wrong. Did promise ya a ride 12 months ago. @AusPete, you can lead me astray any time. Come as far north as you want.

· Registered
357 Posts
sounds like fun ... but ... fighting cancer isn't enough - now down with pneumonia as well, so have a great time lads & when I can I'll get pedalling the supa duck & come be a pain in the a.rse till then keep smiling & black stuff down

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
sounds like fun ... but ... fighting cancer isn't enough - now down with pneumonia as well, so have a great time lads & when I can I'll get pedalling the supa duck & come be a pain in the a.rse till then keep smiling & black stuff down
Ahh sh-t mate. That's no good. Fargin pneumonia would not be good for you.

It's no problem with ride ay. There will be another time.
Just always thinkin of ya and I will always send ya an invite.

Take care bud.

1,388 Posts
Ahh sh-t mate. That's no good. Fargin pneumonia would not be good for you.

It's no problem with ride ay. There will be another time.
Just always thinkin of ya and I will always send ya an invite.

Take care bud.
Yes mate - same for me.

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·
Just a reminder post to see if anyone is up for a blast this Sunday on my way back home from brissy.
Going to head up round the back of @scrub runner stomping grounds rather than down that fat black road
Unfortunately @AusPete can't make it, thanks for the heads up mate.
If anyone else is interested just post up.
I will throw some mentions up here, no sweat if you can't come, just an offer if you wanted to go for a squirt.
@kevxtx @690arrr @Sideshow @hyperpete

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Had a good weekend.
Left work Friday ave at 5.30, rode down to be brissy in the brisk temperature. Got very cool inbetween the sunny coast and caboolture which made it not as fun as well as the extended amount of night road works.
Got to brisvegus around 10.30pm.

Did my swimming Saturday morning. I couldn't help but notice the little sd seemed to get a lot more attention around Brissy with my recently painted orange wheels.

Sunday morning I headed up through Petrie, Dayborough, nebo, woodford, stanley river rd onto postman's and through to Kenilworth.
Filth everywhere, got my phone out to give @scrub runner a call to find it was flat, so went for a quick squirt around his area to see if I could find his new place.
Having failed with that, I headed towards gympie. Could only add 10% to the speed limit to avoid being pulled over. Got to Gympie a bit after lunch then just straight back the bruce.

Didn't get any pics due to a flat phone.
Took one of the sd when I got home to show people the wheels.

Attachments

1,388 Posts
Had a good weekend.
Left work Friday ave at 5.30, rode down to be brissy in the brisk temperature. Got very cool inbetween the sunny coast and caboolture which made it not as fun as well as the extended amount of night road works.
Got to brisvegus around 10.30pm.

Did my swimming Saturday morning. I couldn't help but notice the little sd seemed to get a lot more attention around Brissy with my recently painted orange wheels.

Sunday morning I headed up through Petrie, Dayborough, nebo, woodford, stanley river rd onto postman's and through to Kenilworth.
Filth everywhere, got my phone out to give @scrub runner a call to find it was flat, so went for a quick squirt around his area to see if I could find his new place.
Having failed with that, I headed towards gympie. Could only add 10% to the speed limit to avoid being pulled over. Got to Gympie a bit after lunch then just straight back the bruce.

Didn't get any pics due to a flat phone.
Took one of the sd when I got home to show people the wheels.
I have to say the orange wheels have livened up the looks of the little SD that does. It certainly will stick out in a crowd now mate. Not quite sure that was part of the original motivation. :surprise:

3rd in age is a good result in the swimming as well. Bronze medal, a decent days ride home and no points to the tax collectors. What's not to like about that weekend. Maybe Qld giving up the State of Origin series for the year took the shine off an otherwise good weekend for you. Not at all sorry about that though Lol!!

· Dirty Wiz
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 ·
I have to say the orange wheels have livened up the looks of the little SD that does. It certainly will stick out in a crowd now mate. Not quite sure that was part of the original motivation. :surprise:

3rd in age is a good result in the swimming as well. Bronze medal, a decent days ride home and no points to the tax collectors. What's not to like about that weekend. Maybe Qld giving up the State of Origin series for the year took the shine off an otherwise good weekend for you. Not at all sorry about that though Lol!!
Thanks Pete, everything besides the origin that is!!
Ah well, spose there is always next year.
Probably what you have been sayin for the past 12 odd yrs ay?>:) (with the exception of 2014)

Weekend was ok. Every time out on the sd is good regardless.
Seeing some other sd gt's getting around in your general area was good to, had to double take on the obi obi as I thought it was you @AusPete . Not a good idea to take your eyes and focus off the road on the obi!!!
Very happy with my swimming results. Especially only after 12 weeks back in the pool.

Might be doing another swim meet down there on the 25th of August. Unfortunately this time the handbrake and ankle biters want to come and watch, so the ktm will be left at home :crying2:

481 - 500 of 528 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.