KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Hyperpro RSC for my 890R and I can’t figure out how to remove the stock center mounted body without taking apart the entire front end. Can anyone share some advice or perhaps a service manual screenshot?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found it very light and flighty when coming over crests. There are a couple turns on my local tracks where you really want a firm steering damper (mainly turn 9 at Thunderhill).

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have no idea why this would be difficult. I did the exact same swap (the RSC is a great upgrade btw) and it was like four fasteners to get the damper swapped.

Perhaps a pic or a description of what you're struggling with would help?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just found it very light and flighty when coming over crests. There are a couple turns on my local tracks where you really want a firm steering damper (mainly turn 9 at Thunderhill).

Ah. I've gotten that feeling over turn 2/3 and at the ridge and 8, I think it is, at the ridge. I haven't been on many higher performance bikes, and my SV650 did similar things. I guess I just thought that was pretty normal haha

FWIW, I've put my 890 into what ought to have been an absolute tank slapper, and it recovered pretty fast.

I'd Love to hear how your damper upgrade corrects things, though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The stock damper is garbage and doesn't offer a lot of dampening force nor does it have any adjustability. It's a good upgrade and it does help quite a bit and removes much of the twitch from the front end. Even with the bike having relatively good recoverability it's nice to not have the bike get unsettled in the first place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
And how is it that you're struggling with installing the Hyperpro? I was able to put mine on easily. I just followed the instructions...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn’t have instructions to remove the stock damper and I thought the middle bolt visible from above was attached to the frame and would require taking the front end apart to reach. But once I got the two side bolts off I figured it out and everything went smoothly. The new damper is really nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts