KTM Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not even close.

The 890R requires TRACK mode to DISABLE the Anti-Wheelie (7 degree lift limit). All other modes have Anti-Wheelie always enabled.

So if you want to do wheelies, accidental or otherwise, the optional Track Pack upgrade is required. Otherwise, grab away..

·
Registered
2020 890 Duke R, 2009 R1
28 Posts
You can generate a tiny bit of lift with anti-wheelie (meaning you could twist the bars if you're not even-handed), but only enough that you barely feel it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can generate a tiny bit of lift with anti-wheelie (meaning you could twist the bars if you're not even-handed), but only enough that you barely feel it.
That’s the 7 degree Anti-Wheelie mode kicking in. :D

I suppose someone could biff lifting the front when steering input is essential, although the bike will stay two-wheels down.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you do launch aggressively, you are going to get a lot more than 7 degrees of lift. I have seen a good 45 degree loft of the front wheel. Before it got there I was already dialing back the throttle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
45 degrees without being in Track mode and anti-wheelie (AW) disabled?

I can’t get the 890 to lift past the front wheel skim in 1st or 2nd from a roll with AW.

Then again, I don’t hard launch or clutch dump — which is different from merely grabbing a fist-o-throttle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wrote launch aggressively. So this is from a standing start. If I had done a clutch dump, it would have been over backwards. I was at about 6k, fed in the clutch pretty quickly, but not dumping it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts