·
Registered
KTM SUPER ADVENTURE 1290 S 2020
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I run a K1600GTL since 4 years.
I'm highly motivated to change for a super adventure 1290 s 2019

I just learn that the quickshift and few other " app/software/mod" are an option. Does only the dealer can "install or unlock" those option?

Any other thing I should know

I went at a demo ride a try it.... Lucky me the bike I try have all the option install to tease me alright lol

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stephen,

I have been doing my research, as I am about to make a purchase on the 2019 1290 SAR. I am also looking at a very lightly used 2018 1290 SAR trade-in at a Honda Dealership, as the price is really good. Long story short, the salesman explained that only a KTM Dealer can add the software, and yes it must be unlocked at the KTM Dealer. You pack for the code or "license", and good to go. I want to say it is just under $500 for the Software Package?

·
Registered
KTM SUPER ADVENTURE 1290 S 2020
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought a SAS 2020
And yes ktm keep a very close link to the computer so only ktm dealer can technically add or modified the software options.

Did you bought your yet?

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stephen,

I sure did! Bought it December 31st....and have been racking up some miles. I spent a lot of time adding things to it after the fact, and still have more goodies coming as I type this email. I really like the Lone Rider Bags. What you can't see is the Rottweiller State 3 Air Intake, and removal of the SAS. Next week I will swap tires and put the Heidenau K60 Scouts on, which I am looking forward to seeing how well they handle the pavement. The stock Continental nobbies are really showing wear on the rear......but I do like the throttle!

I had some issues with the tank level sensor, and I got some bad fuel too. Anyway, burned out the bad fuel, but had the dealer replace the fuel float. I installed the Denali LIghts and Soundbomb Horn....awesome. I am now looking at installing the Camel Fuel Tank, so more to come if and when I do that.....might be an issue with the mounting hardware of the LR Bags I have.

Thats a Givi Box on the tail.

2018 KTM 1290 SAR.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its a NEW 2018 SAR by the way....which is no different from the 2020, so I was able to get a great deal on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts