KTM Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will leave the brand nameless because my goal is to honestly not mud-sling, but I got this from X company, and im not happy about the fit. Has anyone bought a Fuel tank cap surround that actually fits correct? Look at the gaps in the circles! Also, my bars hit the front of it (circle/arrow) but that is my own doing since I have my bars all the way back.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yep. That was my first impression of the GT. I saw one in a dealership and the rubber, oem cover was crooked. I thought,"How cheap!". I like the looks of your cover but it looks like it will leak! Look at that gap. And fwiw, it looks great. Whoever made that should go back and keep at it until they can make one that fits. A bit of pride of craftsmanship seems to be absent.

·
Registered
273 Posts

This is a stock one . Painted to look like C.F. Shoot paint through a toolbox liner. Clear coat.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I used a gold like orange .For a real carbon fiber look use grey.silver . I got my fender at Motocomposites

·
Registered
403 Posts
MishMashSD1290R~ As you know, I'm a carbon fiber addict and therefore feel qualified to answer your question with authority. In this case, I went with Akrapovic's cover. You definitely pay more for their parts (probably not a surprise) however the quality is superb. I'll also note that this cover's over 6 years old and shows no sign of wear (e.g. yellowing, chip/peeling, etc.).

Akra FTW

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MishMashSD1290R~ As you know, I'm a carbon fiber addict and therefore feel qualified to answer your question with authority. In this case, I went with Akrapovic's cover. You definitely pay more for their parts (probably not a surprise) however the quality is superb. I'll also note that this cover's over 6 years old and shows no sign of wear (e.g. yellowing, chip/peeling, etc.).

Akra FTW

Ah man! I just this morning ordered the KTM Powerpart one (which....maybe its also Akra without the label???) KTM Part Number 61607958000

Yours does look great and I back up your testament. My Akra carbon bits are holding up great! The Eastern Euros sure know CF manufacturing.

I looked (although not hard) for an Akrapovic version for my Gen 2 because I have some Akra carbon already (Front fender and bits) but did not see one. I appreciate this feedback.
I will have my old one available shortly for a severely discounted price due to the lackluster gaps. Maybe someone wont care

·
Registered
403 Posts
MishMashSD1290R~ If you ordered the new KTM PowerPart (the old part # was: 613.07.958.000/49) then you'll receive the Akra version. (y)

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,645 Posts
Ah man! I just this morning ordered the KTM Powerpart one (which....maybe its also Akra without the label???) KTM Part Number 61607958000

Yours does look great and I back up your testament. My Akra carbon bits are holding up great! The Eastern Euros sure know CF manufacturing.

I looked (although not hard) for an Akrapovic version for my Gen 2 because I have some Akra carbon already (Front fender and bits) but did not see one. I appreciate this feedback.
I will have my old one available shortly for a severely discounted price due to the lackluster gaps. Maybe someone wont care
keep us posted as I’m under the impression the carbon KTM powerparts are no longer Akrapovic since the gen 2 SDR. I ordered an exhaust heat shield thinking all KTM power parts carbon fiber was Akrapovic - nope. No identifiers on it - definitely not Akra - it’s like KTM did a bait and switch charging at an Akra price point. All Akrapovic powerparts had a sticker and more importantly the partnumber, manufacturer, date were somewhere on the backside that I previously ordered. New stuff seems to be from a new supplier ....keep us posted.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
keep us posted as I’m under the impression the carbon KTM powerparts are no longer Akrapovic since the gen 2 SDR. I ordered an exhaust heat shield thinking all KTM power parts carbon fiber was Akrapovic - nope. No identifiers on it - definitely not Akra - it’s like KTM did a bait and switch charging at an Akra price point. All Akrapovic powerparts had a sticker and more importantly the partnumber, manufacturer, date were somewhere on the backside that I previously ordered. New stuff seems to be from a new supplier ....keep us posted.
Will do!

·
Registered
273 Posts
After seeing the price of these things I would either look at black plastic or be happy with my fake air brush carbon fiber . Save up for carbon fiber wheels and forget the dashboard { cheap cheap]

·
Registered
45 Posts
i had bought one from Hfcarbon, but also have slightly the gap issue so sold it. Guess only the power part one is perfect.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

1 - 14 of 14 Posts