KTM Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Super Duke GT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Super Duke world. Recently acquired a 17 Super Duke GT and am reading through and learning all about her on this forum. The bike has Rotty intake stage 4, fuel dongles, decaT, Remus muffler, and Power Commader V.

She does not seem to pull as hard as I would have expected. I strongly suspect the prior custom fuel map. Going to purchase and try the Rotti map shortly.

Anyone have a map willing to share? No worries if not.

·
Registered
05 Duc 999R, 21 KTM Adventure R, 2020 Super Duke GT
188 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy

have you done any acceleration tests w your friends to confirm the power loss?

·
Registered
2017 Super Duke GT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Multistrada 1200 in my stable as well and thus why I felt the GT lacking. After doing some troubleshootin, I‘ve tried a different map and the GT is feeling much better. Will look for a custom tune shortly but much happier now.

·
The Sanitized Comic
1,426 Posts
Ps. I have been dynotuning bike for over 20 years.
Interesting, it would be good if you still have a dyno printout on your GT? I'd like to know what your stock number was vs the dyno'd improvement after the map ... if you would be so kind?

In another thread a while ago someone posted a dyno comparison with a high revving Ducati vs the 1290R. In my view the KTM slayed the Ducati with higher torque everywhere while giving up very little in overall HP numbers. I'm talking 5000 extra RPM out of the Duc and still not much to talk about.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I wonder... My SDGT is the first bike I've owned with ride by wire throttle. I've found that if you want full power you have to twist the throttle far more than any traditional cable operated throttle I've ever used. So, twist the throttle more. Could that be a part of this?

·
Registered
2017 Super Duke GT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coming from Ducatis, I do notice really needing to twist the grip further than I’m used to. Will be looking into the ability to change the throttle mapping, just not too many options for 2017.

·
Registered
KTM SD1290GT
3 Posts
Regarding twist of the throttle, maybe you ride it in street mode? In that case, it seems it needs more twist to get the bike going whereas in sport mode everything is more direct. That said, in my previous s1000xr throttle response was linear and equal in every mode.

I must admit though that it did need some getting used to from old school analog throttle with cables to a ride by wire one first time I rode one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts