KTM Forums banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I just replaced KTM cases, for the SW-Motech SysBag WP M (left/right) with SLC carrier and RearBag PRO with dedicated street rack mounting plate. The luggage looks well-made with attention to detail and good quality materials, hope it will survive more then oxford rear case. My only one fear is the information about max load (already sent the mail to the manufacture about this, waiting for replay), as for the side bags and rear bag, 5kg (include with the cases), it cant be true?!

sorry for my English 😭

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks nice - can you post an image showing how the SLC side racks attach to the Super Duke?
Depends on Gen 1/2 vs Gen 3, but it's all on the SW-Motech website, including the installation manual PDFs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,

I just replaced KTM cases, for the SW-Motech SysBag WP M (left/right) with SLC carrier and RearBag PRO with dedicated street rack mounting plate. The luggage looks well-made with attention to detail and good quality materials, hope it will survive more then oxford rear case. My only one fear is the information about max load (already sent the mail to the manufacture about this, waiting for replay), as for the side bags and rear bag, 5kg (include with the cases), it cant be true?!
They definitely have very low weight ratings. It's a good thing the bags themselves weigh next to nothing, haha. I suspect that their weight ratings are overly-conservative, but I also don't expect that they'll be able to (or willing to?) officially tell you that their racks can support any more weight than what is in their documentation.

I agree about the initial quality of SW-Motech bags and racks. They definitely don't disappoint, and are cleverly-designed. I have high hopes for them.

Is the exhaust-side bag in the path of your exhaust or is it just the angle of the photo that makes it look that way?

Also, no need to apologize for your English. It's undoubtedly much better than my Polish ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also, no need to apologize for your English. It's undoubtedly much better than my Polish ;)
You are too kind :) but thank you ...

About the exhaust clearance, yep, it's the angle, but it is quite a bit gap between the bag and exhaust (no visible fireballs from my muffler :D ). If there will be an issue, still I can rise the SysBag a little bit higher (there is the possibility of around 5 cm).

With KTM rear bags I could load without issue for 5kg of extra luggage for each of them (done around 10kkm with them). Now I really need more storage and for sure I will not stick to SW-Motech recommendation and hope that you have right, it's all about safety and conservative thinking (if not I will have a big problem during the trip :D).

And now considering even to change the rating of spring to rear shock (now its winter coming in Poland I will have plenty of time, to play around with it).

Reactions: DaveNZ and zc1

·
Registered
11 Posts
rough mock up of the mounting position of the Hepco and Becker Orbit cases. Need to fine tune before I finalize it. Started on the exhaust side to ensue it out of the exhaust blast. Hopefully the tail subframe is symmetrical so I can easily complete the other side.

View attachment 99271

View attachment 99272

View attachment 99273
I read through the whole thread and can't figure out what that seat mounting plate is. is it custom? I'm only seeing them for the Evo. I have a first gen and really want something like this for touring.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts