KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just bought a 2020 SDR, thinking of getting the additional extras when I take it in for the break in service
anyone know how much the 'tech pack' costs?

I believe the tech pack gives you the ability to adjust throttle sensitivity yes?
Also the quick shifter is included in the tech pack?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 890 Duke R, 2009 R1
28 Posts
You're in Canada, so it will be a little different. It's ~$750 USD here. Your dealer can give you the exact amount you'd pay. And I second vinhemi...tech pack is 100% worth it. Clutchless downshifting is awesome!

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
113 Posts
Hi guys, just bought a 2020 SDR, thinking of getting the additional extras when I take it in for the break in service

I believe the tech pack gives you the ability to adjust throttle sensitivity yes?

Thanks!
I had installed prior to picking mine up. In addition to the other reasons, turning off wheelie control i think was 1 of the reasons why i bought the tech pack.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thanks!
As far as I know and can see the quick shifter and blipper are included FREE on both the R and GT... at least they are in Australia... looks the same everywhere.

The track pack gives you some extra config abilities and some different screens. The throttle adjustments are in the Track pack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As far as I know and can see the quick shifter and blipper are included FREE on both the R and GT... at least they are in Australia... looks the same everywhere.

The track pack gives you some extra config abilities and some different screens. The throttle adjustments are in the Track pack.
Don't know how it's in Australia , but in Canada, USA, etc. quick shifter is one of the options in Tech Pack and NOT included without it. Also, Track Pack is a part of Tech Pack, means Tech Pack includes everything what is in Track Pack plus more.
Track Pack:

• Traction control spin adjuster (9-stage)
  • Adjustment of the throttle response
  • "Track" ride mode
  • Anti-wheelie mode off
  • Launch control
Tech Pack:
  • TRACK PACK
  • QUICKSHIFTER+
  • MSR
  • Adaptive brake light
The information is from official KTM website: Products

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good on KTM for charging a heap of dosh for someone to click a mouse a few times. I mean, GOOD ON THEM. Bucket loads of profit for nought, free market capitalism at its finest. No need for any hardware or mods, just click, flash and done. Your track pack has now been installed! That'll be an extra few hundred buckaroos on top of the 25 to 30k you've already paid. Thankfully I got my QS activated as part of the deal after questioning why I should pay for it when the hardware is already on the bloody bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good on KTM for charging a heap of dosh for someone to click a mouse a few times. I mean, GOOD ON THEM. Bucket loads of profit for nought, free market capitalism at its finest. No need for any hardware or mods, just click, flash and done. Your track pack has now been installed! That'll be an extra few hundred buckaroos on top of the 25 to 30k you've already paid. Thankfully I got my QS activated as part of the deal after questioning why I should pay for it when the hardware is already on the bloody bike.
Totally agree. That's why I negotiated complete Tech Pack free of charge today :)

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't know how it's in Australia , but in Canada, USA, etc. quick shifter is one of the options in Tech Pack and NOT included without it. Also, Track Pack is a part of Tech Pack, means Tech Pack includes everything what is in Track Pack plus more.
Track Pack:

• Traction control spin adjuster (9-stage)
  • Adjustment of the throttle response
  • "Track" ride mode
  • Anti-wheelie mode off
  • Launch control
Tech Pack:
  • TRACK PACK
  • QUICKSHIFTER+
  • MSR
  • Adaptive brake light
The information is from official KTM website: Products
Ok it looks like KTM are just repackaging things into different PACKS for different markets. I can't say they are making many fans with this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Won't be surprised if manufactures start using a subscription based model, much like what BMW is envisaging for its cars. That is, you pay an annual subscription to keep certain features going. Imagine that - paying a couple of Benjamin's each year to keep your quick shifter or track pack alive. I have faith that KTM would never stoop so low as to even think of considering such a shameful act.

·
Registered
8 Posts
$899 from my dealer. I got 10% off so $809

Quick shift is a must. I wanted the performance setting which is same as track but you can still use my ride app and cruise.

·
Registered
2020 SDR Black
58 Posts
Thanks! Just bought brand new orange one with Tech Pack today (will pick it up in a week). Total was 19k Canadian + tax.

my base price was 21 out the door. then accessories and dealer install time, all in 26. thats canukistan pesos. also i was shopping in may :) and there was only 1 black in the province which they had to get from edmonton. 2 oranges in calgary, saw them - didnt like it :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
my base price was 21 out the door. then accessories and dealer install time, all in 26. thats canukistan pesos. also i was shopping in may :) and there was only 1 black in the province which they had to get from edmonton. 2 oranges in calgary, saw them - didnt like it :(
View attachment 98401
I guess, 20K included Tech Pack? I got it for 19K including all dealers fees (but I do all installations myself). But our OTD probably is almost the same, because we pay HST 13%, not just GST 5% :-(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was quoted $18,749 out the door with the tech pack installed by a local stealer. Just gotta decide if I really want it and when to go pick it up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's surprising. I paid about that much in Canada. Usually we are paying so much more for everything up here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm lost again what is the tech pack ? Never heard of it .
It's KTM's latest attempt at getting more money by putting various electronic functions you need to pay for into different packages.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts