KTM Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

Registered
Let them repair it. Drive it.
Make sure you have gap insurance and if it gives you a hint of concern, park it on the side of the road.
Then just give me a shout and tell me where and I鈥檒l take it off your hands for you.馃槵
I would let them fix it, drive it like you stole it and if it鈥檚 not right, keep taking it back until they get it right.

Good luck!

Registered
2022 KTM 890 Adventure / 2021 KTM 690 Enduro R
Funny, I also had a 350 exc-f when they first came fuel injected. Sent that one down the road after a month of owning it continuously stalling. My KTM luck is garbage. I may give them a second chance here. I鈥檒l see..
Haha damn. Mine was 2012, so no FI. For some reason, I seem to have pretty good KTM luck. A lot of folks had issues with the 1190 Adventures as well, but mine had only a minor issue with the fuel sender replaced under warranty early on.

My current 890 Adventure does have one issue though. The blue high beam indicator comes on during the self-check, but not when the high beams are actually on. There are worse problems bikes can have than that :)

Registered
Haha damn. Mine was 2012, so no FI. For some reason, I seem to have pretty good KTM luck. A lot of folks had issues with the 1190 Adventures as well, but mine had only a minor issue with the fuel sender replaced under warranty early on.

My current 890 Adventure does have one issue though. The blue high beam indicator comes on during the self-check, but not when the high beams are actually on. There are worse problems bikes can have than that :)
My 890 does the same thing with the light. Annoying.

Registered
My 890 does the same thing with the light. Annoying.
Yeah, it's kind of a minor annoyance, but definitely annoying.

Obviously I can just glance at the switch and see what position it's in. But it is annoying because it should be working and never has on a 1 month old bike for some reason.

I am sure I can get it addressed at a future service under warranty. But making a blue light illuminate when the high beam is on isn't exactly high tech :)

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

Obviously I can just glance at the switch and see what position it's in. But it is annoying because it should be working and never has on a 1 month old bike for some reason.

I am sure I can get it addressed at a future service under warranty. But making a blue light illuminate when the high beam is on isn't exactly high tech :)

Yeah, wish this was the worst of my worries,:) lol

Registered
Yeah, wish this was the worst of my worries,:) lol
Seriously. I mean you see it come on during self check, so you know it isn't the bulb and can work, so WTF KTM? Was there an add-on "indicator pack" that the dealer forgot to mention and it needs to be purchased and programmed?

But if thats the only problem I have with the bike over the years I will be happy.

Registered

I took a ride today and my high beam indicator is working normal. Maybe I just thought it didn鈥檛 work.

I was all happy about that until this lady hit me today while I was sitting waiting for a light to change to green. Just can鈥檛 have nice things!馃檨

Registered
I took a ride today and my high beam indicator is working normal. Maybe I just thought it didn鈥檛 work.

I was all happy about that until this lady hit me today while I was sitting waiting for a light to change to green. Just can鈥檛 have nice things!馃檨
Oh damn!! Are you sure that was the high beam indicator and not the rear collision indicator?

Kidding of course and glad you are OK! Mine most definitely does not work, however. Now you have me paranoid that if someday it does start working that I am about to get taken out by some lady at an intersection.

Edit: Just went out and checked mine again. Definitely still not working. Marked safe from rear-end collisions for today.

Registered
Oh damn!! Are you sure that was the high beam indicator and not the rear collision indicator?

Kidding of course and glad you are OK! Mine most definitely does not work, however. Now you have me paranoid that if someday it does start working that I am about to get taken out by some lady at an intersection.
Yeah, I think it might be quite a while before I turn on my high beams again.
She did about $800 worth of damage.
I鈥檓 really glad I had crash bars. If not it would have taken out my radiator/water pump.

Registered
Yeah, I think it might be quite a while before I turn on my high beams again.
She did about $800 worth of damage.
I鈥檓 really glad I had crash bars. If not it would have taken out my radiator/water pump.
Damn, she wasn't messing around. How did she end up hitting you? Distracted texting?

Registered
Damn, she wasn't messing around. How did she end up hitting you? Distracted texting?
I was sitting behind a vehicle waiting for the light to change and she was making a left out of a convenience store. She made the left and hit me in the rear wheel. The force kicked me and the bike about 6ft.
Luckily I didn鈥檛 see it coming and I didn鈥檛 tense up so I wasn鈥檛 hurt.
She was 79 , 4鈥9鈥 tall. When I stood up after she hit me her head barely was above the steering wheel.
She didn鈥檛 see me at all.

Registered
I was sitting behind a vehicle waiting for the light to change and she was making a left out of a convenience store. She made the left and hit me in the rear wheel. The force kicked me and the bike about 6ft.
Luckily I didn鈥檛 see it coming and I didn鈥檛 tense up so I wasn鈥檛 hurt.
She was 79 , 4鈥9鈥 tall. When I stood up after she hit me her head barely was above the steering wheel.
She didn鈥檛 see me at all.
Wow! she hit you hard! Lost one of our riding club members in a similar sort of way several years ago. An older woman got tired of waiting at an intersection and went around 3 cars and through the stop sign, t-boning our guy hard enough to send him over a fence and into a field. While he survived the flight to the hospital, he passed a couple of days after due to internal injuries. The woman served no jail time due to her advanced age. If I recall around that same 79-year age give or take. Be careful out there!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
It pains me to bring an update to this thread. Bike finished its warranty work yesterday and I pick the bike up today after work to ride it home. Halfway home the transmission blows I'm pretty sure.. Gear shift lever just flopping not connected to anything stuck in 5th gear. Had to push my bike home again. I was going to give them a second chance but this is it. Third chance? No way. You know how the saying goes.

I am bringing hell to KTM's doorstep I do not want this bike or anything to do with KTM from here out. Extremely disappointing experience. Owning the bike less than a month from brand new and is back in the shop for the second time. I haven't even gave this bike more than half throttle. Lost for words at this point.

Registered
That鈥檚 freakin insane.
I can鈥檛 believe that they didn鈥檛 do a more thorough inspection of everything since of all you have gone through.
Horrible mechanic.
My 890 is an awesome machine and it is a shame that you can鈥檛 experience yours and are soured by it.
I would too if I were you.
Good luck

Premium Member
It pains me to bring an update to this thread. Bike finished its warranty work yesterday and I pick the bike up today after work to ride it home. Halfway home the transmission blows I'm pretty sure.. Gear shift lever just flopping not connected to anything stuck in 5th gear. Had to push my bike home again. I was going to give them a second chance but this is it. Third chance? No way. You know how the saying goes.

I am bringing hell to KTM's doorstep I do not want this bike or anything to do with KTM from here out. Extremely disappointing experience. Owning the bike less than a month from brand new and is back in the shop for the second time. I haven't even gave this bike more than half throttle. Lost for words at this point.
Oh man, well that's not the conclusion we wanted to see.... Damn.

Registered
Wow! What was their idea of a test ride? A quick spin around the parking lot? They should have had that out for a loooong ride, putting it through it's paces after the amount of work they just did on it.

Premium Member

Before we get too crazy.... could it be something as simple as clutch adjuster ? The engine end that is... I had that happen on the 790 i owned, the nut came loose and i lost all clutch... But in the end it was a less than 30s fix.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts